Crossfit shoes ladies UK 9 any suggestions?

Options
lisaf1983
lisaf1983 Posts: 15 Member
Can anyone help me find a good pair of crossfit trainers in UK ladies size 9 or US size 12 (i think! )

Replies

• lisaf1983
    lisaf1983 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Still desperate for help with this? Any ideas?
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i would recommend anything from the new balance minimus line. LOVE mine.
  • wmramsel
    Options
    I love my Brooks Mach 11's (minimalist racing flats) but recently got a pair of merrell's with vibram soles. I've also used the skeletoes and love them. As long as I ease into the running bit, I don't have shin splint issues with them. I always had knee and ankle issues, thought I would just have to "deal with it" for the rest of my life, but not that I use the minimalist shoes, no issues! Super light weight as well- so that is a bonus.
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    I bought Reebok Nano 2.0's a few weeks ago. So far, so good!
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    i would recommend anything from the new balance minimus line. LOVE mine.

I love my New Balance Minimus. I had mine fitted at a New Balance store and wound up with a 1/2 size larger then my normal shoe size.

They are super comfy
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    So do you (anyone here) really find it beneficial to get shoes that are deemed specifically for CrossFit rather than using anything else? I am not sold on there being a huge difference. Right now I'm using the best shoes I have which are my running shoes for CrossFit.

Thanks!
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I don't do crossfit at a box anymore...so I use them for when I go to the gym and for my kickboxing classes.

I needed a new pair of shoes so I looked at the New Balance ones mainly because they are relatively flat - which is something you want when you are lifting weights. A lot of exercise shoes have a rather large sole on the bottom and can have "wedges" in various places - espeically the heel of the shoe. So if say you have a show that has extra cushioning in the heel it can cause you to pitch forward a touch rather than being flat - also it can allow for extra spring in that area - and if you are attempting to push through your heels for a lift it can cause you to be slightly off form.

if you look around a lot of people who do heavy lifts will wear flat soled shoes, such as your basic converse shoe - to give your feet a level plain.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhhhhhhh didn't think about that. Will look up some more articles and stuff on this then....because I am realizing I am becoming addicted to this so I may want to invest in proper stuff :)

Thanks!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I brought the Inov8 230 shoes - they are awesome! I use them Cf'ing and weight training (they seem to keep me much more balanced) but not on my longer cardio days.
  • kcowart
    Options
    I LOVE the Reebok Nanos 2.0. I just bought a second pair!
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    I switch between
    Reebok Nano 2.0 or Nike Free
    Both are really good but I like my Nikes better. :)