Why do you drink tea?

Options
Does it help you relax? Do you drink it for medical reasons?

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I drink it because it's tasty. It's just one of those Eastern European habits my family hasn't lost after 3 generations. I started drinking tea in elementary school. In comparison, I only started drinking coffee in graduate school.
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've never really thought about it, I grew up drinking it and eventually it became the only beverage I drink on a daily basis (besides water.) In the summer it's so cold and refreshing, in the winter it's so warm and comforting. I suppose it's just out of habit, but it's a habit I really enjoy.
  • RockstarPunch
    RockstarPunch Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    chamomile blends make me sleepy and relaxed. But over all tea does alot for me, it gets me off of coffee when i need to take a break from it, its great detox and i like it because it settles my tummy sometimes.
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I love the taste and it definitely helps me relax. Also it soothes my throat when it its sore. (mixed with honey)
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    For the taste. Tea is great to drink in addition to water. I love iced tea in the summer and hot tea in the winter. Hot tea soothes my sore throats and is relaxing and warm. Iced tea is refreshing and cooling during hot weather. Tea is a great alternative to soft drinks and much lower in sodium. I even drink it w/o sugar.

There are many flavors of tea to choose from that I like, too.
  • Hanoverlady1
    Hanoverlady1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love the taste. Also, the antioxidants.