New Years resolutions

Options
scrook43
scrook43 Posts: 78 Member
Ok ladies it is officially 2013, what are your short term and long term goals for this year.
Mine are--1. maintain my current weight
2. Run a minimum of 850 miles this year
3. participate in the horsey hundred bike race
4.keep a positive attitude

We are off and running--2013 here we come

Replies

• pattie317
    pattie317 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    New Years resolutions....to begin the year January 6th with a 10k and several more in the plans also hope to complete a half marathon before the year os over.
    To eat clean and to stay positive!
  • dvm12345
    dvm12345 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I plan to focus on exercise in 2013, I would love to run a 5K. It may sound crazy, but I would also like to watch the season of "Biggest Loser". It truly inspires me and each year I plan to watch it and then just don't have the time. I want to make clean eating choices and lose weight......to help prevent health problems. I would love to be healthier this time next year than I have been since in my 30's.
  • scrook43
    Options
    Hi patty and dvm, those look like great New Years resolutions, love to hear from ladies that have the same interests and goals as me. I also love watching the biggest loser, I find it so motivating, especially when they run their marathons. I think to myself, my gosh if those people can overcome all their heath and weight issues and can succeed, I have no excuses. Lets all keep each other motivated and going thru our ups and downs.
  • nicolem1008
    Options
    Hello ladies-I am hoping you don't mind me joining your group. I am Nicole and 44. I was always fit and in shape until 2006. I ran cross country and track in hs and college and beyond and ran consistently until 2006. Between 2006 and now I put on a lot of weight due to lots of stress and the death of my mom and sister. I got on the never ending merry go round of stress and comfort eating and hating what I have become only to feed that with more eating! Makes a lot of sense I know!

I am looking to get my old self back, lose the weight and get back into running and would love to be part of your running group. I welcome a place to talk about running goals, races etc. with other runners. Here are my goals;

1. Lose all the weight that I have gained since 2006-about 160 pounds. It is going to take a long time and more than a year but I am going to tackle it in 10 pound increments.

2. Get back into running and racing. I am currently walking with jogging thrown in and am working on adding more jogging and less walking until it is all running. I am currently looking at the local race schedule to see what my husband and I want to run. I really used to love racing and really miss it.

3. Get on a good weight lifting schedule 3 times a week.

4. Stop the comfort and stress eating and get back to clean/healthy eating.

Good luck to everyone on their goals and Happy New year!
  • aprilb01
    Options
    Hello!! So glad you joined us! I have also struggled with weight for many,many years! I am getting back to running myself and can always use a buddy! :smile:
  • scrook43
    Options
    Yay, looks like we are gonna have a great group to share our goals and keep each other motivated. Why don't we post our workouts everyday, and if we have had a good eating day. When other people are on track it keeps me on track. lol OK i'll start, today I rode 3 miles on my indoor bike trainer and did upper body strength work. My leg is flared up from my run sat. so I am babying it for a few days. Day one of the new year was a success with my clean eating. And here is a recipe to try

Quick clean eating freezer peanut butter fudge--

1 cup peanut butter
    2 tablespoons honey
    4 tablespoons coconut oil (slightly melted)
    1 tsp vanilla
    Mix all the ingredients together, pour into a glass dish lined with parchment paper. Stick in freeezer for 30 min. I cut mine in little squares. It made 42 squares for 52 calories. Keep in the freezer, this thaws out super quick.
  • dvm12345
    dvm12345 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the recipie.....can't wait to try it. :smile: