Just popping in to say .....

Options
Hello guys! I've just joined and most of my friends are from overseas! So it's good to find this group! I will try to be as active as possible and supportive as possible, but my job is 4 on 4 off in Libya, so it's not always possible. But I will certainly do my best! Nice to meet you all .... Oh Happy New Year by the way!

Replies

• glenncomiskey
    glenncomiskey Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    ...but my job is 4 on 4 off in Libya...

How do you find the endless change of on/off affecting you diet/exercise regime? I tend to find if my routine gets disrupted my ability to manage my diet/exercise properly also gets disrupted.
  • DesertDriver
    Options
    I struggled when I was in the desert to be honest with the exercise, but not with the diet as the food was shockingly bad! I am now not going back to the desert, but will now be based at our complex in Tripoli. There will be no problem as we have a chef at the villa who cooks good healthy food and we have a swimming pool so plenty of exercise. Plus down in the city there is a gym which I will be able to join, so all in all it shouldn't be an issue!

Where do you work and how/why does it affect your diet/exercise ?
  • glenncomiskey
    glenncomiskey Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Currently out of work (like many), but during Nov/Dec was in London a lot attending IT courses to improve my prospects. Due to extended days travelling to/from London, visiting different venues and not knowing what shops etc. we're in the locale the diet/exercise during Nov/Dec went to pot. Hoping now that things have settled down I can get back to eating properly and exercising regularly.

Glad things should work out for you when you're in Libya, as I think the key to successfully controlling weight is a good diet and regular exercise.