Top 10 Healthy Eating Tips for Women in 2013

Options
2»

Replies

• Kitsada
    Kitsada Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Do you count Subway as 'fast food'? Its fast, but they've got a lot of good choices there... I love my BLT with avocado and tons of veggies no mayo which comes out to 440 calories on their website. Probably more sodium that should have... but again, its about changes you can do. Its surely better than the Sbarros sausage stromboli I used to have several times a week.

Great tips, ty for posting them.

My only addition would be to watch beverages. There are lots of empty calories out there. I struggle horribly with diet coke and avoiding alcohol, but I'm sure its good advice to minimize both, and drink as much water as you can stand. I need to work on this. *ahem* among other things. lol
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great tips. I will add that if you MUST get fast food, Subway is your best bet. I get a veggie salad - all fresh veggies, no added sodium - or a 6-inch veggie sub on 9-grain bread. I don't do this often, but when I need to stop for a quick lunch and didn't have time to pack one. I completely bypass the rest of the fastfood chains though.
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    My go-to "fast food" is Chipotle. I have a salad bowl with carnitas, black beans, fajita vegetables, corn salsa, guacamole, pico, and salsa. 449 calories of healthy deliciousness! 17 net carbs, 10 fat, 35 protein, 13 fiber. Sodium is high (compared to most of my meals) at 1186, but I don't do it more than once a week...
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I disagree with the 40-30-30, I do 30-30-40. I don't eat bread, pasta crackers, or white rice. All my carbs come from fruit, veggies, brown rice and sweet potatoes. I do this to keep my blood sugar levels low, as per doctors orders.

Alice-that salad bowl can't have that many black beans in it with only 17 grams of carbs. I think it sounds yummy though.
  • AliceNov2011
    Options
    Alice-that salad bowl can't have that many black beans in it with only 17 grams of carbs. I think it sounds yummy though.

Those are net carbs (carbs less fiber) - it's 30 total.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    , but if you’re a middle-aged woman of normal stature, decent health, . . .[\quote]

I didn't realize I was middle-aged until now.
    I am not sure I am happy with it.

-Kimnerly (41)

:noway:
  • AliceNov2011
    Options
    , but if you’re a middle-aged woman of normal stature, decent health, . . .[\quote]

-Kimnerly (41)

All the cool kids are over 40. ;c)
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

-Kimberly (41)

All the cool kids are over 40. ;c)

This is true.