Happy to have found this group...

Options
I was wondering if there are other horse enthusiasts on here. I had met a couple by accident and made friends but I know that we are a special group of people that not everyone understands.

Allow me to introduce myself...My name is Angela. I'm 38 (turning 39 tomorrow!) and I live in Ontario, Canada. I have a small horse farm with 3 riding horses and 2 minis. I have a 13 year old Polish arabian mare, a 17 year old quarter horse mare, a 17 year old half morgan half percheron mare and the two 5 year old minis (a mare and a gelding). I recently purchase a 4 year old quarter horse gelding that I board at a local ranch that has an indoor riding arena. He is my "show horse" and up here in the North it's awefully cold and slippery so it's nice to be able to ride indoors for the winter months. I will show him in showmanship, horsemanship, pleasure and trail. I plan to show at the AQHA shows and some local open shows. I purchased him about 2 months ago and we are just getting to know one another.

How about everyone else? Please feel free to introduce yourself and don't forget to add me as a friend!

Replies

• BellehavenfarmDawn
    BellehavenfarmDawn Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi Angela and great to meet another horse woman. Happy Birthday too! wonderful to hear about your horses. I have to see if you have some photos.

Lucky you showing,in western. Cool clothes! Hope you and your new guy hit it off and clean up.

my name is Dawn. I have only been here week, but have already met and friended a handful of fellow horse lovers. I really like talking shop while also getting support for the lifestyle makeover.

Under the Your Horse discussion that I started, you can read a little about my rescued OTTB, Sunny. We have been together for 8 yrs. I retrained him myself, using primarily clicker training and common sense. We love to trail ride and we both love Delaware winters! Thus the profile photo.

I,am 61, married, daughter Brie lives in Sydney, with American hubby and my perfect grandchild, Matilda, 15 months old.
    Son Adam in Seattle, just engaged.

as a kid I competed in English Pleasure, Equitation on the flat and over jumps, and a tiny bit of fox hunting. now I trail ride, do some very basic dressage as rehab for the body. Oh and we love learning new tricks!

Look forward to hearing more, Dawn
  • ruralgirl
    ruralgirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi Angela

Im Heather, live in Devon in the UK & have 4 equines (5 if you count my TB out on loan as a brood mare). Ive been on here a while (actually nearly 2 years on and off) but find it hard to stick at it. I sometimes dissapear for a few weeks and then come back but Im hoping that wont happen again! I have 2 yo twin girls and a 5 yo as well as lots of other animals and a hectic life! Trying to make a few changes this year - I had to go back to working a 4 day week which Im sure contributed to me not having so much time to excersise so one of the thihgs Im trying to arrange is fitting my hours into 3 long days so I have more time for the kids and horses. Anyway please add me if you want but I apologise in advance that I don't always havetime to check in and comment or join in the community stuff but I do my best:-)
  • luv2all
    luv2all Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Ya'll.
    I'm new here and haven't figured out how to talk to individuals yet, so please forgive me if my mfp etiquette goes awry. I was just hoping to meet up with some other horse people on this journey. Someone that will truly understand when I say "Does this saddle make my butt look big"? Positive vibes to all of us - we're on our way. :ohwell:
  • suzetteducrepe
    suzetteducrepe Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am also glad to have found a horse group. Most people just don't understand... :bigsmile:
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My mom always says "it's just a horse." GRRRR!!! No, they are my best friends, my therapists and much more!
  • BellehavenfarmDawn
    BellehavenfarmDawn Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    So true. Just thinking of leaving Sunny for three weeks makes me tear up! and I am going to see my daughter and grand daughter! I don't worry about my dog. they both have excellent care so no worries. But the horse...

Last year I left for a month for Matilda's birth. they told me that after a couple days, Sun started standing by the fence looking for me and my car. after a few more days he gave up! Honestly, it took him 3 months to become normal! He didn't want to leave the herd.

even now he looks back a few times as we are walking to the barn.

I have been telling both animals that I am leaving soon. And I do my best to communicate with them when I am away.

sigh.