How much time to lose weight with Leslie Sansone DVDs?

Options
walk2120
walk2120 Posts: 47 Member
This question is for those who have already lost some weight just by walking or doing Leslie Sansone videos at home.

How much time did it take you to lose weight with walking and/or Leslie Sansone videos? How much weight did you lose? How many times a week did you walk? What was your workout schedule?

I know there are some threads which answer my questions partially, but what I really want to know is how to organize my workouts and what to expect from my scale per week. If I am planning to do the walks 6 to 7 times a day or may be twice a day 5x a week, is it too much? Has anyone done it that way?

I am hoping to get some answers to motivate me (and others who are just starting) and setting a realistic weight loss expectation.

Thank you!

Replies

• zoeysmom08
    zoeysmom08 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I will try to help answer some of your questions with my experience. Hope it helps a little! A few years back I lost a little over 100 pounds by working out with LS and watching what I ate. It took me about 14 months to loose the weight. I started out with only a few minutes each day because I was really over weight and out of shape! I built myself up slowly to one mile a day and then I kept adding on until eventually I was up to 5 Leslie miles a day. I did this 6 days a week with Sunday being a rest day. During this time I also did outside walking (3 miles) 3 to 4 times a week, and added in strength training a few days a week which we all know helps with metabolism!

Everybody's different and we all lose weight different. Just start out with what you feel comfortable with and slowly add to that when you feel like you can or need more! I had to start out with very small steps because I wasn't in any shape to go just jump right in with 5 miles a day but the good thing is you can start small and build yourself up. Good luck to you :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I walk at least 5 miles a day, usually more. I walk 2-3 miles in the morning, then 5 miles at night. Starting in January 2012 at 238, I ended the year at 166. My goal for 2013 is to hit my goal weight of 130 pounds by June. You also have to watch your caloric intake. Walking won't help if you're still overeating.
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I love ths questions, the answers have helped me also...thanks for sharing
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Six years ago, I lost 50 pounds doing the walks 5-6 days a week. I started in September and remember being at my goal weight by my birthday, in May. The thing is, though, it isn't a race, as much as you want to get off extra pounds. Finding the workouts, schedule and way of eating that you can SUSTAIN will be the best thing you can do for yourself!!

I do some higher intensity workouts now and dropped another 9-10 pounds at the beginning of this year (after sustaining that loss for five years). Leslie workouts are still in my exercise regimen, at least 2 times a week. Love her!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the posters above.

Actually, you do not have to workout to lose weight. Simply lowering your caloric intake will do that. Working out is going to make you fit. It will improve your cardio function which will improve your stamina and of course strenght training will make you sleek and strong. Together, these two things will make you healthy which is a great goal.

Leslie's workouts are safe and effective. There are so many to choose from you won't get bored either. My personal favorite is The 4 Mile Super Challenge. You can go to her website walk at home dot com and join (it's free) and you can stream some of her workouts for free.

Hope you find some you really love and walk, walk, walk!

Ann
  • bobbiesinger6971
    Options
    Leslie is my favorite. I can't wait to see how much weight comes off using her videos.
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    This question is for those who have already lost some weight just by walking or doing Leslie Sansone videos at home.

How much time did it take you to lose weight with walking and/or Leslie Sansone videos? How much weight did you lose? How many times a week did you walk? What was your workout schedule?

I started walking with Leslie Sansone videos in July of 2010. I was close to 300 lbs. In 18 months, I had lost 130 lbs. Obviously, I was very out of shape, so I started with the one mile walks and gradually worked my way up to five mile walks. I varied three to five mile walks at least four times per week. Unfortunately, I let myself get out of a routine and into a rut. Last month I tallied my 2011 walk miles - over 600 - and my 2012 walk miles - less than 100. YIKES! And it showed in a 38 pound weight gain. I was glad to find this group and am recommitting myself to getting into a routine to lose those 38 pounds (as well as another 10 to 20, which will put me in a healthy BMI).

From my own experience, I know that you don't need intense or lengthy workouts to get results. Even with a 100 pound weight loss, I didn't have the flabby extra skin that some people have as a result of weight loss. I attribute it to the slow and steady approach. Also, my blood work and blood pressure are healthy, so I quit beating myself up for not being athletic. Power walking has worked for me.

Good luck with your fitness goals.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options

I started walking with Leslie Sansone videos in July of 2010. I was close to 300 lbs. In 18 months, I had lost 130 lbs. Obviously, I was very out of shape, so I started with the one mile walks and gradually worked my way up to five mile walks. I varied three to five mile walks at least four times per week. Unfortunately, I let myself get out of a routine and into a rut. Last month I tallied my 2011 walk miles - over 600 - and my 2012 walk miles - less than 100. YIKES! And it showed in a 38 pound weight gain. I was glad to find this group and am recommitting myself to getting into a routine to lose those 38 pounds (as well as another 10 to 20, which will put me in a healthy BMI).

From my own experience, I know that you don't need intense or lengthy workouts to get results. Even with a 100 pound weight loss, I didn't have the flabby extra skin that some people have as a result of weight loss. I attribute it to the slow and steady approach. Also, my blood work and blood pressure are healthy, so I quit beating myself up for not being athletic. Power walking has worked for me.

Good luck with your fitness goals.

AZ your story is very inspiring! Congrat's on your successes! You could be a poster child for Walk At Home! You'll be back at your goal in no time. Glad you are walking with us. :smile:
  • Foggy7640
    Options
    I'vebeen walking "with" Leslie since middle september with about 6 miles a day , and try to walk six days a week ( except during some week-ends and holidays) And I lost so far 24 lbs (of course I am counting calories too )
  • walk2120
    Options
    Thank you so much for your responses! This is so encouraging.
    First I did not believe that someone could lose weight just by walking. But now I am a believer.

Keep your success stories coming. I need them to motivate me!

Thanks!
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have been using Leslie for 2 months now and have been counting calories. I have lost 14 lbs and have a ton more energy and feel much stronger. I started with 1 mile walks and now do 3-5 milers 5/6 times a week.
  • walk2120
    Options
    I have been using Leslie for 2 months now and have been counting calories. I have lost 14 lbs and have a ton more energy and feel much stronger. I started with 1 mile walks and now do 3-5 milers 5/6 times a week.

That's great!
    Is that all you do for workout?
  • TamiBarnes66
    TamiBarnes66 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    In January 2009, I started my weigh loss journey...I was 232 lbs @ 5' 2". In 10 months I lost 80 lbs, following the WW points program and doing Leslie Sansone's w/o's everyday. Most of the time I did 2 or 3 miles a day, but once a week, I would add in a 4 or 5 mile w/o. I have gained most of that back cuz I stopped doing what was working. So now I am again restarting my weigh loss journey. I thing I like about Leslies w/o are how you can do them at your own level. And they are low impact. I hope this helps! Tami
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options

That's great!
    Is that all you do for workout?

I have only done Leslie so far.