Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fatigue

Hello All,

I have been diagnosed with MS since 2009. At the moment, although I want to go to the gym I'm finding it so hard due to fatigue and just feeling tired all the time. Any tips on getting over fatigue?

Thanks!

Vanessa

Replies

• bogo_baby
    bogo_baby Posts: 82 Member
    I drink a cup of cold water when I get super fatigued, and to get a workout in, I just hype myself up for it. I argue with myself constantly about getting things done while fatigued. It's hard to get moving, but once you're going it should get better :)

I constantly challenge myself to look at a decision and decide which answer I will regret the least... and you never regret a workout :)

Sometimes it's not that easy, but when it is you have to challenge yourself to get up and get going... that way you don't feel bad when you really CAN'T.

Stay positive and stay motivated! Get going and you'll be able to keep going :)

My battle with MS has been a constant challenge. I'm really competitive... so I challenge my disease to beat me. Some days it does... most days I kick it's butt :)
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    I actually finished a "fatigue counselling session" with a pt that the ms clinic recommended. She wasn't a whole lot of help with anything practical but one of the benefits was a group session where we all just talked about our fatigue and how we were handling it. That actually helped because I finally stopped feeling guilty for not always getting everything done. So now, if a walk is high priority for me - and it means I have to let something else go in order to have enough energy - I just let something else go. The dishes can wait, no one is going to die if I clean the bathroom in the morning instead of tonight - and if the other adults in the house really are short on laundry they can use the machine just as easily as I can..

Prioritze and share responsibility as much as you can. It's OK to put yourself first. :flowerforyou:
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    I agree with benji. Learning to choose how you use your energy is the most important thing. I have learned how to say no to people also, I have a good friend who keeps inviting me shopping but she insists on leaving very early, I can't do it, mornings are very hard for me, if I push myself too hard too early I am useless the rest of the day. I tried telling her I would go if she left later but she doesn't get it. So I don't go, it's all about choices. Good luck!
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    My mom takes a compounded medication to help with her fatigue and it works amazingly well. I'll have to ask her about the name of it, I can't quite remember at the moment.
  • Thanks all. Ive found going back to the gym is helping but days like today when it's cold too are a killer still.
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    The name of that medication is Naltrexone.