Weekly Challenges!

Options
Fat2Fit145
Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
Hey, so I was thinking that we could probably do a challenge for each of the 10 weeks... what do you all think?

Example Challenge List:

Weel 1- No sweets/sugas ( so any candy, cakes, sodas, jiuces etc are out)
Week 2-No flour
Week 3 -Clean eating ( ONLY fruits, vegetables and proteins, nothing processed)

And so on......
Wld need help creating the challenges though, so feel free to join in. So each week we will create a new topic " WEKK 1-( and the challenge)" and everone cld share how they are going ans stuff.... Yeh so thats my idea :)

Replies

• nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    sounds like FUN!! in in! :)
  • vera3625
    vera3625 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • rciszek
    rciszek Posts: 134
    Options
    sounds good to me!! I love challenges!
  • bellavita0125
    bellavita0125 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i like that idea!
  • Seasidedebbie
    Seasidedebbie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am up for the challenge.
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Sure.

These are some things I want to do that I think would be good challenges

Try out a new physical activity or workout that you've never done before- yoga, salsa dancing, couch to 5k, whatever.

Get in at least a 20 min workout every day for a week

Invent a new, healthy recipe

I'm eager to hear everyone else's ideas!
  • ZenDivaDP
    ZenDivaDP Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea! I'm in!!!

:bigsmile:
  • daniellebfit
    daniellebfit Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    More Ideas --- Try a new vegtable, Try a new recipie, Try Vegitarian for a Day, a Week
  • leahestey
    leahestey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    No HFCS?
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great challenge!
  • leahestey
    Options
    And make that WHITE flour, Flour is in everything unless you make it yourself.
  • akj_25
    akj_25 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of the challenges.

but i already know that i will modify that week one challenge (no sweets, no soda)
    the no soda part is what i have a problem with. working night shift i am pretty dependant on my Diet Mountain Dew. so stopping that will be its own challenge that i am not sure i am ready for. So i am keeping that as one of my Vises - to keep my sanity :)

but up for the rest of the challenges.
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of the challenges.

but i already know that i will modify that week one challenge (no sweets, no soda)
    the no soda part is what i have a problem with. working night shift i am pretty dependant on my Diet Mountain Dew. so stopping that will be its own challenge that i am not sure i am ready for. So i am keeping that as one of my Vises - to keep my sanity :)

but up for the rest of the challenges.

Have you ever tried Mio Energy?
    I adore that stuff.
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Count me in...I like your ideas because they are doable.
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm down.
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Maybe a "get your water in EVERY day" challenge, one week? :)
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I love the idea...now we just need to figure out how to implement it? We have 10 weeks, so we need 10 challenges. Maybe we can just set up a list 1-10 and when its filled with 10 ideas its filled? I am so new to groups and boards I am still trying to figure out how I know when a new post hits lol...I wish we got some sort of notification when a message is posted on our group.....or maybe there is and I have no clue lol....also on the challenge, are there 'point' rewards or anything?
    Some ideas are parking further a way when you shop, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, trying new foods, going meatless 1 day per week, no eating after 7pm (or whatever) logging food EVERY day AND allowing others to see your journal, doing 25 (or whatever) squats or crunches or whatever every day, (I would pick more, but not sure of peoples physical limitations etc)....I would be more than willing to set up the challenges if people would give me ideas on not just the challenges but the 'rewards' or penalties (per se) for not doing it etc.....
    Kathey
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I think there should be more exercise challenges like burn 300 calories a day or lift weights each day also on the food side I think eating low sodium of 1500/day for the week is one to consider.

Also with a group this big I think it would be cool to have several challenges up and we choose which one we are gonna do for the week since theses are meant to help us along our weight loss journey and we aren't
    T competing for prizes or points and such.

They could be listed like the 300 calorie burn for week 1 challenge the low sodium eating for week one challenge the miles moved for week one challenge the 10000 step a day for week 2 challenge the 30minute /day cardio challenge for week 2

Just some ideas to roll around
  • leahestey
    Options
    We could score it by how many days we succeeded in beating that challenge. 1 pt/day
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    im so in i love challenges they really keep me going and i agree to have more than one suggestion a week maybe 2 or 3 depending on what we come up with i also like the idea of physical challenges and i dont think it needs to be just ten weeks u could just post a new one each week and it dosnt have to be the same person either it could be a new person every week to keep ideas fresh