ready to lose weight in 2013

Options
star0205
star0205 Posts: 6 Member
Well every year for the past few years it has been the same. I have set a goal to lose weight. I have even lost an amazing amount before. However 2012 ended up being horrible and I not only gained what I lost but even more. My mother passed away at the age of 47 on October 1, 2012. I miss her badly and I feel almost like a huge part of my heart is gone. My mom was 16 when she had me. I always thought that we would become old ladies together. My kids are 7 and 10 and now don't have their Mammy anymore. It is rough. I know that they miss her badly every single day. I got depressed badly. I was my moms caregiver till her passing. I started turning to food again and gained a lot of weight in 3 months time. It sucks that I allowed myself to go that direction. I have to get back to losing weight so that I can live a long and happy life with my husband and kids. I don't want to go down the same path that my mom sadly ended up going down. She had heart trouble and also weighed a lot.. We have High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, Diabetes, Cancer, and much more that runs in our family. On the path I am on, I am asking to get all of that. I want to make a change badly because I want to be with my kids and watch them grow up and start families of their own. My husband and I love to go fishing, and camping. I want to eventually go hiking but in the shape that I am in now, I feel like it would not be that great of a trip for me. I want to lose weight so that when he and I get to the age to retire we can go fishing, camping, hiking, and just enjoying our lives to the fullest. My husband just got a Motorcycle and I want to go on a road trip with him. We can do with now with what I weigh but it would be easier on him if I weighed a lot less. My husband is a very skinny guy. My dad started losing weight and now weighs less then I do. That is a slap in the face for me. I am proud of my dad and he is doing a great job. I just can't believe that I was always smaller then him and now my dad is smaller then me. It motivates me to get off my bum and get going though. I am ready for the weather to warm up so that my husband and I can get back to fishing, and camping. My 2013 goal is to lose 52lbs. If I lose more awesome but I am going to just focus on the 52lbs.

Replies

• misswallie2u
    misswallie2u Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! :0) it's going to be a great year!!
  • star0205
    star0205 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you! So far today has been good. I have been tempted by a few things but have thankfully said no. My dad who is also losing weight and doing great will still give in to my sons and give them things that are very tempting. Day 1 and I am being strong so far.
  • amyleigh628
    Options
    Very proud of you for taking the first step. :happy:
  • Happymom12
    Happymom12 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You can do it. All of us can. I too had a death in the family last year that wasn't good on my weight loss but I did over come that and got withing 3 lbs of my goal. Late in the year I just got lazy and didn't track anything which in turn I gained back all I lost. Support and motivation is always good on here and you or anyone is more than welcome to add me as a friend and we can support and motivate each other.