13 Goals for 2013

Options
This is my year. I've always started strong, but then fizzled out within the first few weeks. Not this time. I deserve the better life I am planning for myself. Here's how I am going to become the most awesome me I can be.

1. Reach my target weight of 230 by December 31st, 2012.
2. Take care of my dietary issues- That means no more gluten or lactose for me!
3. Be able to run five miles straight by September.
4. Climb Mount Monadnock this summer.
5. Change my thought process from negative to positive.
6. Run a seven minute mile.
7. Go to the gym at least five times a week.
8. Feel comforatble and sexy in my own skin.
9. Start working toward my future goals, by learning about animal behavior.
10. Save $50 from each paycheck to build up a savings.
11. Spend more time with family.
12. Learn how to eat healthily and responsibly.
13. Make new friends!

So, yeah... That's that! I hope y'all can help me stick with the health goals (and maybe even the last one!) and I will do my best to return the favour!! :happy:

Replies

• eckabad
    eckabad Posts: 49
    Options
    No Sugar SHOULD be mine for health issues, but no gluten or lactose is hard! My mom is like that, and it's nearly impossible to have them over for dinner! Not really impossible, but it is taking a long time to get used to! my boyfriend AND my sister in law can't have lactose either. I say all that to say this: it is hard to get used to, but luckly since it seems like our health as a nation is getting worse and worse, they are making and improving good options! It is TOTALLY do-able! Good luck!
  • ridofthegoodies
    ridofthegoodies Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is one tough list, but add me if you would like to help out on #13 :smile:
  • liathnathiar
    Options
    Yeah, it isn't too hard being one or the other; it is doing both at once. But since I let my gluten intolerance get out of hand I developed lactose intolerance. It's time to get my GI system back in gear. Do you or your boyfriend know which cheeses are ok to eat? I know Swiss is fine, but other than that I've heard all kinds of conflicting arguments.

As far as the no sugar goes? Are you able to eat Truvia? I just switched over to it and I LOVE it! Most artificial sweeteners give me a headache and taste like poo, but I think because Truvia is natural it doesn't have the same side effect and is super yummy! If not, maybe just try other natural sweeteners like honey, or the natural sugar crystals... I'm all about the baby steps! ^_^
  • salp02
    salp02 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My friend just found out shes allergic to milk, and is struggling to quit dairy. Its in almost everything! Main thing to do is to eat 'whole' foods. Shes found its way easier that way than any other way. Anyone who has to do that is way stronger than I am!! best of luck!