Not sure about this...

I am 40. I have always been thin, could eat what I wanted when I wanted until about 3 years ago. I have gained about 30 pounds in 3 years. I used to be a long distance runner, so I decided to see if it still came natural. It DOES! I am MUCH slower (I do a 5k in the time I used to do a 10k), but I can still do the distances. The stress, but the weight has not come off. I need to change my eating habits. I have NEVER counted calories until today when I started MyFitnessPal. It was very discouraging to see than even with my run, I went over my calorie limit. I hope that may be getting out of my comfort zone and sharing with others, I might be able to give and receive some encouragement during this lifestyle change of mine.

Replies

• shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Well done you for doing something about it! Just take small steps with the food, swap for similar foods with less calories or ones that are more filling so you eat less of them. Good luck.
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    I found right around 40 I had to start paying more attention to what I eat. You took a great step joining MFP. I have met some wonderful people here. It is a great community.
  • I have struggled with an extra 20 lbs. I can still run a marathon, but no where near the time I would like. I have taken an approach to #1, stay connected daily with MFP and #2 work on changing my how much and when I eat. It is hard and I am not seeing any weight loss but I think I am on the right track. I keep getting encouraged and make sure I encourage daily. We are all in this to make things better, no matter what our goal.