30 Days Straight?

Options
scorpiana89
scorpiana89 Posts: 84 Member
So do you plan on doing the whole 30 days no breaks or not? I heard it was intended to be done with cardio and rest days but people have had great success out of going 30 days so idk. I think I will attempt as much as possible with cardio mixed in anyway so hoping that works out.

Replies

• alamarana2885
    alamarana2885 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've tried this workout before (only got 15 days into the 30) but I usually took a rest day every 2-3 days so I didn't burn out on it. I plan on following that plan this time around too. I also don't do any other exercises along with it (the gym is too expensive and I don't want to walk around my neighborhood alone) and I still saw great results.
  • L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've done the Shred two times prior to this time. My decision to do it every day depends on my body and the way it feels. The last time I tried it, I quit after day three. The pain was overly excruciating. I am on day for today and for some odd reason, I feel great. I feel nothing like I did the last time. Every night, I have been popping two Aleves and icing my knees. It seems to be helping.

I thought I would need a rest day but maybe I won't after all.
  • botaijm
    botaijm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've done it all the way through one time before and this is how it worked for me. I do each level for 10 days each. I don't move on untill I do 10 days. I take a rest day whenever my body tells me to. Like today I was supposed to do L1D3 but I just couldn't I could barely move yesterday so I need a rest. I don't count any of my rest days. So my 30 days last longer than 30 days.
  • Melissa132129
    Melissa132129 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    This is my first time doing the 30DS and I intend to do it for 30 days straight unless I really need a rest day. I wil be doing each level for 10 days like someone else mentioned. Yesterday (day 2) was very hard for me....I was very sore from the first day and wasn't sure I could do it but I just popped some pain pills and did it. I went to sleep last night very sore but woke up today not as sore so I was able to get through day 3 pretty easily.
  • Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I was going to try and do it for 30 days straight but we'll see what the weekend brings. lol.
  • MissClassPrissSass
    MissClassPrissSass Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 30 days straight too. I'm on day 6 and daily I tell myself that my health is worth dedicating 20 mins a day. Days that I'm drained I commit myself to the 20 mins and nothing else. Other days I will do other cardio. My rest day is not doing anything In addition to the shred. Last time I tried the 30 days shred and I got 9 days in. On the 10th day I rested before starting level 2 and guess who has never done level 2. Guilty! I can't stop or I will permit myself an excuse everyday. That's just me personally. So I will push through everyday. I have this cool app called don't break the chain. It helps me visualize my progess and I say to myself my chain ( days in a row of working out) is getting pretty long, so I gotta keep building it. Lets are if I can get the entire month filled out. That's my motivation. An x marked on every day.
  • scorpiana89
    Options
    Wow that sounds like a cool app Im going to check it out it might help me out. I decided in taking some rest days, especially after I start a new level. I believe I will probably feel a new level of pain and I definitely had to take a rest after my first day. Other than that Im going to try to just listen to my body to know whats best when the time comes. Now that I'm on day four I think I can bust these next 6 days out no problem and even add in some cardio and Pilates.
  • L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wow that sounds like a cool app Im going to check it out it might help me out. I decided in taking some rest days, especially after I start a new level. I believe I will probably feel a new level of pain and I definitely had to take a rest after my first day. Other than that Im going to try to just listen to my body to know whats best when the time comes. Now that I'm on day four I think I can bust these next 6 days out no problem and even add in some cardio and Pilates.

What does Pilates entail? I swear I hear about it and yoga but just want to know what it's all about.
  • myrestlessfeet
    myrestlessfeet Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I plan to do it straight for 30 days hopefully my body can take it. I also do gentle flow yoga twice a week and a little walking here and there.
  • scorpiana89
    Options

What does Pilates entail? I swear I hear about it and yoga but just want to know what it's all about.

Pilates is the best! It's basically strength exercises that focus on posture, breathing, proper alignment and stretching. It's very effective because of how it tones you increases your balance. I prefer it over Yoga because Yoga is just too slow for me. Good for meditation but I prefer Pilates. I learned the basics from Ellen Barrett "Pick Your Level" Weight Loss Pilates and highly recommend it. It's great because you can do different levels as you progress and it actually teaches you. I now do the advanced exercises after being totally new to Pilates after three months or so. It gives me a bit (not much haha) extra cardio and some major strength training.