Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie

Options
katy84o
katy84o Posts: 744 Member
I finally jumped on the 'wagon' and bought some defatted peanut butter powder. I bought this organic brand, Just Great Stuff. This morning I wanted to use it in a smoothie, but I needed it to be quick and easy, and easy to carry to work.

Recipe:

1 really ripe large banana
2-3 tbsp peanut butter powder
1 tbsp half and half (I didn't have milk)

Blend well. Slowly drizzle about 3-5 oz water while the blender is going.

I put it in a small 8oz mason jar, like a jam jar. Screwed the lid on, and threw it in my bag. Good to go when I got to work!

Calories- 201
Fiber- 5
Protein- 4
Carbs- 37
Potass- 627
Sodium- 106

Replies

• katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I made this again this morning and replaced the water and half and half with 8oz milk. There was a lot! I couldn't even finish half. Next time 40z will be better!
  • KySny82
    KySny82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! I love the defatted peanut butter powder...PB2 is a mainstay in my kitchen cabinet :) Granted, I still like my full-fat peanut butter too, but it's nice to have the option. :)
  • cecyvaquero
    cecyvaquero Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Thanks for the recipe. Can I buy the peanut butter powder in my local supermarket or did you buy it from a particular store???
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I finally jumped on the 'wagon' and bought some defatted peanut butter powder. I bought this organic brand, Just Great Stuff. This morning I wanted to use it in a smoothie, but I needed it to be quick and easy, and easy to carry to work.

Recipe:

1 really ripe large banana
    2-3 tbsp peanut butter powder
    1 tbsp half and half (I didn't have milk)

Blend well. Slowly drizzle about 3-5 oz water while the blender is going.

I put it in a small 8oz mason jar, like a jam jar. Screwed the lid on, and threw it in my bag. Good to go when I got to work!

Calories- 201
    Fiber- 5
    Protein- 4
    Carbs- 37
    Potass- 627
    Sodium- 106

Do you have to use peanut butter powder for this to turn out right or can you use regular peanut butter or almond butter?