Hey all!

Options
My name's Amanda and I joined this group to get moral support for my weightloss adventure while I remain a steadfast beacon of support for my son, Alex. Alex is 7 years old, and a first grader at a local school. He has an IEP and is in one of the special education rooms with 8 other kids who have behavioral issues. He was diagnosed with Aspergers officially about 5 months ago, but we've known unofficially for over 4 years. He's a sweet kid, but struggles like most A-Kids with social stuff and adjusting to new situations.

484515_10151965656350551_237454542_n.jpg

Replies

• iclaudia_g
    iclaudia_g Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi! My son was diagnosed with Aspergers as well. My son is 12 and we've known officially since he was 5 years old. He is the light of my life :)
  • cbendorf13
    cbendorf13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My son just graduated high school. He was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome in 1st grade, but like both of you we knew much earlier. At the time it was hard to get a diagnosis, but he showed signs around 18 months. It has been many IEP meetings, lots of ups and downs. He still struggles with certain social issues, but is an amazing kiddo. We were involved in the workability program his last year in high school so he already has work experience and his boss just loved him. Didn't think graduation would mean as much to him or me. Was even surprised he wanted to join the other 500 plus students during the ceremony. With school at an end I am worried that he will be lost. No routine, no direction.