JANUARY'S HOT SUMMER BODY Mini-Challenge

Options
Hi All:

I am your friendly January Hot Summer Body Moderator :smooched:

Okay for January's mini challenge--- I am suggesting Mile-Smile Club Challenge--so how many miles can you get on the Elliptical in a single work-out? ...it also goes along with how much time you can put in!
Under the Challenge--in Stats--you will put in how many miles for the month!

Suggestions~

Advanced
5 miles ---at least 60 minutes
Intermediate
2 miles ----at least 30 minutes
Beginner
0-1 mile
at least 15 minutes

And now for the Nutrition Challenge

No Refined sugars---but AGAVE and Honey and Date sugar permitted

Super Advanced--No Refined sugar- no substitute
Advanced
No refined Sugar for 26 consecutive days--with 2 Tablespoons of honey or Agave permitted daily
Intermediate---No refined Sugar for 10 consecutive days--4 tablespoons of honey or Agave permitted
Beginner ....... No refined Sugar for 3 days---with the use honey or Agave as substitute

Check in daily!
Since this is the first month--Start by stating which goal you'd like to try

Monthly Stats

Weight--
Days on the Ellip
Challenge--
Nutrition
Best Workout--Time /Miles/Resistance

Replies

• heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Monthly Stats

Remember Goals instead of results! Next month--we will post results of the preceding month as well as goals

Weight--153

My goals for January

Days on the Ellip----26 days-

Challenge
    5 miles..or 60 min..

Nutritional............-No sugar 26 days

Best Workout--Time /Miles/Resistance--We shall see!
  • diztimetoshine
    diztimetoshine Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I made it to the gym before work! :happy: I will post my weight tomorrow after I meet with the Dietitian :frown: I did 30 minutes at a moderate pace. Remember this is my 1st attempt at a workout since my foot injury...
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    I made it to the gym before work! :happy: I will post my weight tomorrow after I meet with the Dietitian :frown: I did 30 minutes at a moderate pace. Remember this is my 1st attempt at a workout since my foot injury...

Awesome work! That is a major win !!! Good for you.

Challenge is for EVERYBODY at all levels.

It's not about the level of difficulty--it 's ALL about actually making onto the elliptical--consistently for 6 months!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Monthly Stats - BeeJ (aka BMcC9)

Starting Weight--162.5

(if you go to my Profie page, you can see what I REALLY look like as of Christmas Eve 2012 - I only use metaphors / avatars for my Main Picture presence)

Starting Best Workout--Time /Miles/Resistance-- (as of last week) - 30 mins / 1.2 miles / HR steady at ~138
    (home elliptical resistance setter is just a twist knob that doesn't seem to do much - unless I just still don't have it up high enough to register yet)

============

Fun Fact 1: After the stint on the home Elliptical (and also on the "elliptical rest days"), I use my Wii Walk It Out game for some extra Milage (does not count towards THIS Challenge milage) and create a rainbow every day. I will post the "Rainbow Calandar" at the end of each month, to show that I did them.

Fun Fact 2: For scenery that looks more interesting than my rec room walls (and so I don't have to monitor timing), I start up the Wii Fit Plus "Free Run - 30 minutes", stick the controller in my back pocket, and "run around The Island" via the elliptical.

===========

My goals for January

Days on the Ellip---- 19 days as 2 days on / 1 day rest pattern (may up the "consecutive days on" by the end of the month)

Action Challenge
    work up to maintainable 2 miles in 30 mins pace (currently doing 30 mins and ~1.17 - 1.2 miles)
    Nutritional Challenge............-No refined sugar 3 consecutive days in a row (more than once over the course of the month)

Best Workout--Time /Miles/Resistance GOAL: Consistently meeting 30 mins/ 2 miles mark
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Monthly Stats - BeeJ (aka BMcC9)

Starting Weight--162.5

(if you go to my Profie page, you can see what I REALLY look like as of Christmas Eve 2012 - I only use metaphors / avatars for my Main Picture presence)

Starting Best Workout--Time /Miles/Resistance-- (as of last week) - 30 mins / 1.2 miles / HR steady at ~138
    (home elliptical resistance setter is just a twist knob that doesn't seem to do much - unless I just still don't have it up high enough to register yet)

============

Fun Fact 1: After the stint on the home Elliptical (and also on the "elliptical rest days"), I use my Wii Walk It Out game for some extra Milage (does not count towards THIS Challenge milage) and create a rainbow every day. I will post the "Rainbow Calandar" at the end of each month, to show that I did them.

Fun Fact 2: For scenery that looks more interesting than my rec room walls (and so I don't have to monitor timing), I start up the Wii Fit Plus "Free Run - 30 minutes", stick the controller in my back pocket, and "run around The Island" via the elliptical.

===========

My goals for January

Days on the Ellip---- 19 days as 2 days on / 1 day rest pattern (may up the "consecutive days on" by the end of the month)

Action Challenge
    work up to maintainable 2 miles in 30 mins pace (currently doing 30 mins and ~1.17 - 1.2 miles)
    Nutritional Challenge............-No refined sugar 3 consecutive days in a row (more than once over the course of the month)

Best Workout--Time /Miles/Resistance GOAL: Consistently meeting 30 mins/ 2 miles mark

warrior woman---you go!
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Monthly Stats

Remember Goals instead of results! Next month--we will post results of the preceding month as well as goals

Weight--153

My goals for January

Days on the Ellip----26 days-

Challenge
    5 miles..or 60 min..

Nutritional............-No sugar 26 days

Best Workout--Time /Miles/Resistance--We shall see!

So my goal is do as many consecutive days as possible! And at 5 miles but since this will be the first time I have worked in like forever--I will be taking it slowly to begin with

I will be posting my inches next month cas I want to see them whittle down

Fun fact--my middle initial is Z
  • tlaustin71
    Options
    Hi everyone! Here are my stats. I vow to not get on the scale until next month.

Starting Weight--180 :ohwell:

My goals for January-- Minimum of 13 days on the elliptical. Every Mon, Wed, Fri at the VERY least for 30 minutes.

Best Workout--Time /Miles/Resistance--We shall see! I didn't record my miles/resistance this morning.
  • kjanai
    kjanai Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello Happy New Year here are my stats:

Starting Weight 204

My goal for Jan with the elliptical 3-4 days a week so far this week since I am a beginner it has been 15 min resistance 9 working my way up to 30 min. Shooting for 20 min today headed there after work. Will track my miles and resistance.
  • seligcrystal
    seligcrystal Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My current weight is 223.5

Days on the Ellip: my goal is to get to the gym 2 days a week and use the elliptical each time I go, (I will be taking a pilates class at school twice a week for the next 12 weeks so I won't be at the gym as often)

Challenge-- My goal is to do 2 miles in 45 min.

Nutrition- for right now I am going to work on cutting down on my soda intake, and by the end of the month I will do at least 3 days in a row of no soda or sweets.

Best Workout--Time /Miles/Resistance- don't know yet, When I was going before I would do 1-2 miles in 30-45 min but never kept track of my best times or distances.
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Wonderful! Keep em comin! --and don't forget to friend somebody or somebodies on the challenge!
    Add me if you wanna! :smokin:'

After you have done your Elliptical stint for the day or week---check in HERE!
    And give a holla that you done it.
    So we can keep cheering you on
    YOU DESERVE IT

And don't forget your FUN FACT~~:bigsmile:
  • Oosh130
    Options
    Hey Guys! Totally new to MFP but I am glad i now have support. :bigsmile: I love the elliptical so i will also be joining this challenge.

SW:180

Goals for January: At least 20 days on the elliptical.

Before pics later. at work! oops.:yawn: But i just had to get this in!!
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Hey Guys! Totally new to MFP but I am glad i now have support. :bigsmile: I love the elliptical so i will also be joining this challenge.

SW:180

Goals for January: At least 20 days on the elliptical.

Before pics later. at work! oops.:yawn: But i just had to get this in!!

Alright now--alright now--Hot Smokin Summer Body Challenge Friends! :smokin:

Hold on to your reins! We 're galloping with motivation this fine Saturday morning.:wink:

Oosh--welcome and welcome --you inspired me! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Howie3123
    Howie3123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Okay so here we go!!!!!:happy:

SW: 207

January Days on Elliptical Goal: 16-20 days

Challenge: 2-3 miles in 30 minutes....I want to work my way back to 5 miles in about 40-45 minutes

Nutrition: 0-1 can of soda per week. Also bring my lunch to work 4 out of 5 days per week. Save $$$ and eat healthier!!!!

Best Workout: 42 minutes/5 miles/4 or 5 resistance--this was last spring in April.

When I post I will say the time, distance, and resistance
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Yesterday done.

40 mins / 1.54 miles (slower than usual, but hr at ~ 138 as usual shows working just as hard) This is also my longest straight-through time yet.

I discovered that the Tension Knob DOES do something, but there are no markings or indicators to say WHAT the tension level is. I also only have 2 Incline settings - Flat and Up .... and you need a wrench to change them :laugh: FYI, The Beast (my machine's nickname) has been set at Incline-Up from the day it was first stabled in my basement (less than a month ago)
  • diztimetoshine
    diztimetoshine Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Went to the dietitian today, my weight is up :cry: I am presently up to 214 :grumble: I have resent my goals and weight according to the dietitian's scale. I'm not going anywhere near mine. I go back in 2 weeks. I can't wait to see how I do...
    Good luck to everyone doing this challenge!!
  • c_mac2009
    c_mac2009 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Monthly Stats

Weight-- 168
    Days on the Ellip-25
    Challenge-- 5 miles in 60 minutes

Best Workout--Time /Miles/Resistance - We'll see!
  • c_mac2009
    c_mac2009 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    And I did 40 minutes in the elliptical yesterday the 4th and 60 minutes today. I have not been tracking the distance so I will have to start doing that for posting
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Okay so here we go!!!!!:happy:

SW: 207

January Days on Elliptical Goal: 16-20 days

Challenge: 2-3 miles in 30 minutes....I want to work my way back to 5 miles in about 40-45 minutes

Nutrition: 0-1 can of soda per week. Also bring my lunch to work 4 out of 5 days per week. Save $$$ and eat healthier!!!!

Best Workout: 42 minutes/5 miles/4 or 5 resistance--this was last spring in April.

When I post I will say the time, distance, and resistance

Howie--you rock! :explode:
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Yesterday done.

40 mins / 1.54 miles (slower than usual, but hr at ~ 138 as usual shows working just as hard) This is also my longest straight-through time yet.

I discovered that the Tension Knob DOES do something, but there are no markings or indicators to say WHAT the tension level is. I also only have 2 Incline settings - Flat and Up .... and you need a wrench to change them :laugh: FYI, The Beast (my machine's nickname) has been set at Incline-Up from the day it was first stabled in my basement (less than a month ago)

LONG LIVE THE BEAST :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Went to the dietitian today, my weight is up :cry: I am presently up to 214 :grumble: I have resent my goals and weight according to the dietitian's scale. I'm not going anywhere near mine. I go back in 2 weeks. I can't wait to see how I do...
    Good luck to everyone doing this challenge!!

Diz--you are one of the most courageous on MFP~ When you want to come back on Ellip --then go for it

This is your clan--girl--we are rooting for ya. :flowerforyou:

In the meantime ---there are monthly nutritional challenges!
    Nothing radical----it will be along the lines of water intake
    fast food abstinence--things like that! :smile: