New Mom looking for new friends

abitzan
abitzan Posts: 85 Member
Hello Everyone,
I just had my little bundle of joy Carissa on December 17, 2012 and I am looking to gain new friends here and loose some of the baby weight. I am also looking for some information about where can I go to find a good calorie amount too loose weight but still be able to produce enough breast milk for my little Princess.
Thank you and congrats!

Replies

• Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    It will be different for everyone.... but they suggest not dieting for the first 6 weeks so you can get your supply going. Thats not to say eat whatever whenever... eat healthy but don't restrict. Eat when hungry. Once your supply is there, then you can fine tune what kind of calories you need. I normally eat between 1800-2000, more on days I workout. It hasn't harmed my supply. But if you have a much larger supply, you may need even more than that.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Hello, my little guy is 6 weeks old today! I have my goals to lose 1/2lb per week. I am breast feeding and didn't want to lose supply. Since I have really paid attention to calories I have been losing. I haven't really exercised yet (get cleared tomorrow hopefully) I also put in breastfeeding under food, so that accounts for an extra 500 calories. I am eating around 2200 calories a day.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    I found it helpful to log my food to make sure I was getting enough calories. It's hard to eat that much without "junk food." I never lost weight breastfeeding and kept within the same 4 lb range gaining and losing. Though, they say the true bf weight loss kicks in around 3-4 months.

I say focus on supply for now!
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Congrats on your bundle of joy! I had my little man December 12th! I've been eating 1800 calories and have no issues with my supply! I gained 45lbs during my pregnancy and have lost 25 so far.. You just have to find what works! Feel free to add me :)