Need acountability partner

I am new to the group thing I have not really had any contact with anyone other then family members. Looking to find a accountability partner, I think it is a missing piece. I love the Lord & my family, & food too much. I believe He would call it an idol for me (anything you put above the Lord). I need to be accountable for this & make changes in my life with the Lord as my strength, because I am weak. Looking for someone who may feel the same. Thanks & God Bless

Replies

• Momto4under7
    Momto4under7 Posts: 78 Member
    I feel exaclty the same way. I struggle with eating beyond what I need and I really want to not be bound by an addiction. I can be an accountability partner on here for you =) How much are you trying to lose? How tall?
  • I'm in the same boat as you! We just had out first baby 10 months ago and I'm more unhealthy than ever. Just now realizing that this life-long struggle is way more than just a quest to lose weight....GOD has to be the center, and then everything falls into place! I have 40lbs to lose to get to my pre-marrital weight from 3.5 years ago - let's work together!!
  • kittychan91
    kittychan91 Posts: 13 Member
    im the same, this is the 2nd time ive gone on here.
  • HI THis is the first time I have been actually trying to lose POST BABY weight...I have six children, the last three (including my miscarriage) I feel as though I have been pregnant since 2007. Was diagnosed with hypertension in my 20 week with my daughter in 2011 and it never went away. Thankfully I have lost 26 pounds since November 4 of 2012 but I have been sick with HBP uncontrolled since Feb. 2012. I am finally recovering and my doctor took me off one of the two medications. With much prayer and love and support from family and church members, my bp on my one dose (small) is lower than ever. I have a ways to go though (goal is 125) but we can do this with support from friends and most of all the Lord whom we can come to for anything even our weight loss. There is so much pressure from society these days to lose the post baby weight in a short amount of time but I am doing all I can to lose the weight in a healthy weight :))) You can count on me :)))
  • This is my second time here too, and having someone for support is really important. :)