WeekEnd Challenge - Burn 1,000 calories

Options

Replies

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    1st week of challenge..... Failure, I'm afraid to admit. Not one pound has come off & I am disgusted.
    This thread is not for pounds lost. It is for burning calories today and tomorrow. Forget about the pound lost and burn 1000 calories this weekend:drinker:

The name of the group is POUND A WEEK. I am not going to "forget" that I didn't lose a pound. THAT is what I thought we were "here" for. So, maybeI am in the wrong group. I didn't sign up to be contradicted or condescended to, which seems to be endemic to MFP forums. If you cannot be supportive, then PLEASE DON'T POST!

Woah calm yourself! It was simply (and politely) pointed out to you that you had posted your message in the wrong thread. Not the wrong group. This thread is a challenge thread for the pound a week group. Losses and gains are generally posted in the weigh in threads.

As for the 'forget about it's comment, thats generally accepted as support, as in don't dwell on the gain, focus on doing something to fix it. A positive mindset rather than a negative.

To get the support you want, try posting in the correct threads.

Back on topic: so far I've burned 737 of my 1000 calories this weekend :)
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    here's my plan for burning 1000 this weekend: 250 treadmill this morning and evening and repeat in the morning :happy:
    that should do it..... NOW HERE I GO :bigsmile:
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    1st week of challenge..... Failure, I'm afraid to admit. Not one pound has come off & I am disgusted.
    This thread is not for pounds lost. It is for burning calories today and tomorrow. Forget about the pound lost and burn 1000 calories this weekend:drinker:

The name of the group is POUND A WEEK. I am not going to "forget" that I didn't lose a pound. THAT is what I thought we were "here" for. So, maybeI am in the wrong group. I didn't sign up to be contradicted or condescended to, which seems to be endemic to MFP forums. If you cannot be supportive, then PLEASE DON'T POST!

Woah calm yourself! It was simply (and politely) pointed out to you that you had posted your message in the wrong thread. Not the wrong group. This thread is a challenge thread for the pound a week group. Losses and gains are generally posted in the weigh in threads.

As for the 'forget about it's comment, thats generally accepted as support, as in don't dwell on the gain, focus on doing something to fix it. A positive mindset rather than a negative.

To get the support you want, try posting in the correct threads.

Back on topic: so far I've burned 737 of my 1000 calories this weekend :)

Thanks for saving me here Smartie. I had no intention of being negative, I was just trying to encourage the person to take the challenge and this thread was wrong. I had no idea that my comment sounded like that. Using caps lock and telling me not to post is completely unacceptable.
  • DterMined2012
    Options
    well 266 of 1000 GONE *BOOM* :bigsmile:
  • umer76
    Options
    Anyways, I have burnt 637 calories today and I should be good to reach the 1000 cals target:smile:
  • DterMined2012
    Options
    umer thanks for starting this challenge....truly inspired me to move more this weekend!!!
  • PrayEatCleanDina
    Options
    Okeedokee, 400 cals burned already!
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    667 calories burned at this morning's Yoga class, 30 minutes kettlebell routine and calisthenics exercises (legs today).

333 to go tomorrow! That'll be my home yoga work and I will be walking a rucksac load of bricks to build a frog hideaway in our allotment pond a ten minute walk away - carrying about eight house bricks! I think that'll do it!

edit: an allotment is a patch of land rented for the growing of veg and fruit. We have ponds and patches around to attract natural predators. The pond needs a hidey hole platform for frogs.
  • Chejan
    Chejan Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    588 calories burned today. Meeting the target should be easy :smile:
  • umer76
    Options
    Wow everyone including me have burnt more than 500 cals today. Thats great proud of you all:flowerforyou: Looks like next week I have to raise the bar a little!!
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Ok, about 700 cals burned so far today....I did a 20 min walk with Leslie Sansone earlier and just finished another 30 min walk with Leslie. If I'm feeling froggy later I may box my son on the Wii again LOL! If I get my 1000 cals in today then maybe I can double it to 2000 by repeating my exercises tomorrow. Boy would I feel accomplished then!!
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Ok, about 700 cals burned so far today....I did a 20 min walk with Leslie Sansone earlier and just finished another 30 min walk with Leslie. If I'm feeling froggy later I may box my son on the Wii again LOL! If I get my 1000 cals in today then maybe I can double it to 2000 by repeating my exercises tomorrow. Boy would I feel accomplished then!!

I thought about aiming for 1000 each day too, but got part way through 30DS and felt really ill so had to abort (I went back and started it again a few hours later). Decided I had pushed myself enough (i did 1200+ cals yesterday) and my body needs to recover.

So give it a go and do as much as you can, but don't push past your limits :)

Everyone has done brilliantly today well done!
  • umer76
    Options
    It is Sunday, people dont forget to burn remaining calories to complete the challenge. I am sure most of us will reach the goal and few of us will reach double the target. Thats an inspiration for us!
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    I've got 263 cals left to burn to make target, but feeling very under motivated today. Gotta get on and do it though, can't fall at the first hurdle
  • umer76
    Options
    Yup thats why I posted the reminder because it is not easy to burn the calories on a Sunday. Come on everyone do that, me too!! Watching a cricket match since morning, I have to get up as soon as it finishes. I have to burn nearly 400 cals today atleast. More is better.
  • welcomenuts
    welcomenuts Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Great!
    I burned over 600 yesterday with a four mile run and then an hour long yoga class!
    Today is a 6 mile run and then a fitness test so I've got this in the bag. :)

Good thing, too, I am still thinking about those bacon pancakes...:love:
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    I did it! did 30DS and burned 297, taking my weekend total to 1034 and my weekly total to 4054!

C'mon everyone, you CAN do it!
  • eternity365
    eternity365 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just finished as well :happy:. 1458 total tae bo killed it
  • OBG4
    OBG4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ok, stop pushing, I burned my 1000 yesterday. Geez if I really wanted to lose weight I would join oh I don't know myfitnesspal.com and get in a group.......wait, nevermind. :laugh:

Congrats to everybody so far, lets keep up the great work.
  • umer76
    Options
    Going to burn the remaining cals now! I have to do it