Introductions

Options
rachmass1
rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
Hello everyone! I searched around on this site and didn't see a group dedicated to walking at work and thought it would be a good idea to get one started to share ideas and the like.

I am Rachel and am an avid trekdesk user. I have two offices and both are outfitted with this type of desk set up and I usually spend more than half my computer time walking as opposed to sitting (I do mix it up). I have gone from being obese to being within throwing distance of a healthy weight, much of it due to this simple concept of walking while working. My brain functioning seems to be better and I think more clearly when my body is moving. When I first started out on the walkstation I was walking at 0.9 MPH with a 0.5 incline. As I type I am now walking at 2.3 MPH and with a 1.5 incline. I'd love to be able to push it up to 3 MPH at some point, but don't know how well I can handle the typing at those higher speeds. It just takes practice so imagine it will get easier and easier as time goes by.

Please take a moment and introduce yourself, and invite friends who you know are interested in this form of office work.

Replies

• sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    So - I don't yet have one of these, but really look forward to reading posts from those who do to learn more about this. Always looking for ways to "sneak" in a workout, and with the hours I work, this would be perfect!
  • rachmass1
    Options
    Oh my, you should really check into these. With the amount of time you spend at your desk I would imagine it would be tremendously beneficial. I personally suggest two desks, one for walking and one for sitting as I think it would be hard to walk the entire work day.
  • sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have been considering buying a standard treadmill in order to maintain my running throughout the winter. We kind of live in the country, so running on snowy, icy main roads is a challenge - and treacherous!! Are you able to roll out your treadmill from under the desk so that you can also use it as a conventional treadmill that you can run on while not working?

Now THAT would be the best of both worlds right there!
  • rachmass1
    Options
    My set up is actually dedicated to the desk, but you can move the desk off it. I haven't a clue how to post a photo of it....