Challenge 2 - Week 2 (with included motivation + Support)

Hello again! It is week 2 already! Hopefully we have been doing well with these challenges!

Weekly Challenge 2

Jog for at least 10 minutes a day...

This doesn't matter if it's on the spot or outside! Just think it's only 10 minutes!
You would spend 10 minutes slouched in front of the television or you could jog in front of it for just those 10 minutes!
This is only if your up for it! Even doing it for 5 minutes then having a rest or doing something else then another 5 minutes already contributes to those 10 mins!

I'm not being pushy or forcing you to but at least have a go! It makes me proud if you have a go, even if you fail, you tried!

Daily challenge 2 (of the week, you only do this once!)

Do 20 sit-ups.

Okay so before some of you back out this is the way I would do this...

6:00 PM (EST) 5 sit-ups
7:00 PM (EST) 5 sit-ups
8:00 PM (EST) 5 sit-ups
9:00 PM (EST) Last 5 sit-ups.

If you do this, be proud!

I don't think 5 sit-ups over 4 hours are that hard. Or 2 hours if you do it every 30 mins!

Have a go and let me hear how you go on!

If you really can't for some reason, don't worry! This is just for fun and motivation!

Motivational Quote Of The Week :

'SUCCESS IS NOT FINAL, FAILURE IS NOT FATAL: IT IS THE COURAGE TO CONTINUE THAT COUNTS.' Winston Churchill

Best Healthy Recipe Of the Week :
Chicken Pasta Casserole Recipe

233 calories per serving.
Makes 6 servings

simple casserole

Recipe Ingredients for Chicken Pasta Casserole
1 cup sweet red pepper, diced
3/4 cup green pepper, diced
1/3 cup onion, diced
2 Grilled Chicken Breast
1/2 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cups Macaroni, Whole-wheat, Dry
1/3 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
Recipe Directions for Chicken Pasta Casserole
preheat oven to 350

1.cook chicken

2. cook pasta

3. combine all incredients in oven safe dish

4. cook for 30-40 min

Read more: http://caloriecount.about.com/chicken-pasta-casserole-recipe-r823#ixzz2H7iQJj48

Best Healthy Dessert of the Week :

Low Calorie Banana Muffins Recipe

Makes 12 servings.

75 calories per serving.

Recipe Ingredients for Low-Cal Banana Muffins
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup bananas, mashed
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup applesauce
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Recipe Directions for Low-Cal Banana Muffins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.

Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together banana, sugar, egg and vanilla. Stir in the applesauce and vanilla. Stir banana mixture into flour until just combined. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.

Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool before serving. For best flavor, place in an airtight container or bag overnight.

Read more: http://caloriecount.about.com/low-cal-banana-muffins-recipe-r1191#ixzz2H7jMeTsi

Please let me know how you get on with challenges, ect.

Happy New You!

Chloe x

P.S Please make sure you have a rest day! It can be any day you like but you need a rest to relief any pain, ect.

Replies

• harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    wow!! this is great - I just looked at the computer (as opposed to phone) before bed so I'm not planning on doing 20 sit ups - or as I call them slight shoulder lifts! - right before bed , but I promise to HAVE A GO x
  • SweatingBeauty
    SweatingBeauty Posts: 24 Member
    I can't do 10 minutes everyday (too much sweat hahaha) ...but I'll be sure to do over 70 minutes during my 3 times a week workouts when I want to be covered in sweat! ;) haha

sit-ups are killer! nice challenge!
  • Zenyehtta
    Zenyehtta Posts: 37 Member
    Not sure if I'll do the jogging. It is way too cold out and I have no where in my house to jog! But I am going to do the sit ups. Actually I think I'll try for 40 a day since I won't be jogging...
  • you could jog in place.. as an option its super cold here so i understand not doing it outside
  • you could jog in place.. as an option its super cold here so i understand not doing it outside

That's what I mean by jogging on the spot :smile:
  • Zenyehtta
    Zenyehtta Posts: 37 Member
    OH yeah, maybe during like commercials. It will add up quick I'm sure lol
  • Runner2shed
    Runner2shed Posts: 16 Member
    Nice Challenge set!

I just did the sit ups/abs (instead of doing 20/day, I did it as 100 at once twice a week, hopefully counts)
    And I haven't been very good at doing the 10 minutes of jogging, but I did 50 minutes of elliptical andwill be sure to do the jogging tomorrow!

Also, very good motivation and recipes. I needed the motivation this week :)