Fibroids and/or Nabothean Cysts Anyone?

Options
I guess this is fairly common in older women (up to 70% have these by the time they turn 50!). My ultrasounds have been hard to read because of them. Anyone else have them and are there possible complications in my future?

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I don't have fibroids, but I do have nabothean cysts. Sofar, they haven't caused a problem for me.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I have neither, but my mom had major issues with fibroids when she was younger. She said her periods were so painful that when they got to watch films in school, she always volunteered to run the projector so that she could curl up in the dark and cry. (I guess the nuns didn't have much sympathy, and my mom never wanted to miss class.)

She had all four of us kids with no complications, but eventually she had a hysterectomy in her late 30s. She said the fibroids were much improved after having kids, though.

From what I understand, they can cause difficulty in implantation, but once that's occurred, I don't think they generally cause issues. But I'm not a doctor!