WANTED someone to take over this group

Options
when I set up this group I wanted a forum where like-minded people could explore the emotional/psychological reasons for their/our relationship with food... babies/infants don't worry about what they eat, or trying new things [and just as well or our species would be doomed!! :smile: ]. Babies and toddlers don't worry bout leaving food when they are full, or eating at random times.
That means all those behaviours, those unhealthy attitudes to food, are learned or self-imposed, right? And I thought it would be fun and beneficial to work on that, in a safe, loving environment where no-one is gonna be mocked for wondering if the reason they eat too many cookies is because their mother gave them a cookie when they were crying over a lost teddy bear, or that whenever we experience physical pain/and or fear, we have to eat something sweet from the time we got a lolly (piece of candy) after our jabs (shots) as a kid, for example
That's what I was interested in because it seemed to me that understanding the patterns/habits we have around food, would be a major help in eliminating them. I was happy and thankful that other people saw a usefulness in this group and joined, but truth be told, I'm not comfortable being in charge of it, and would like it if someone else would take over, or at least co-host, because it would be a shame I think, if this group died a death purely because I'm not a good admin person.

Anyways, that's all and Happy New Year to you all... hope it is wonderful and filled with Love and Joy and FUN :heart:

Replies

• laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with your admin skills! I think it takes a little time for a group like this to get rolling, and for people to get used to sharing. I only just discovered like 2 days ago that there was a convenient way to see the recent posts from my groups, and that was when I noticed those forums were actually having things posted in them. :-P
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it takes a good deal of patience to be an admin ANYTHING.

"babies/infants don't worry about what they eat, or trying new things [and just as well or our species would be doomed!!
    Babies and toddlers don't worry bout leaving food when they are full, or eating at random times.
    That means all those behaviours, those unhealthy attitudes to food, are learned or self-imposed, right? And I thought it would be fun and beneficial to work on that, in a safe, loving environment where no-one is gonna be mocked for wondering if the reason they eat too many cookies is because their mother gave them a cookie when they were crying over a lost teddy bear, or that whenever we experience physical pain/and or fear, we have to eat something sweet from the time we got a lolly (piece of candy) after our jabs (shots) as a kid, for example"

I think some behaviors are self-imposed. If we find that we don't like something when we taste it, we just won't eat it.

But we also learn not to like some foods. If, when we were children, we saw a grownup express his dislike of a food, then we might have learned that the particular food wasn't something we wanted.

One true-food-story from my childhood: I had been introduced to artichokes when I was about 9 years old. I found that I liked them. That night, we had artichokes for dinner and had gotten down to the choke (inedible, immature leaves). My mother then took my plate, telling me that the stems and heart were poisonous. I believed her, as I did not know any better.
    Years later, I saw artichoke hearts in little jars at the store. When I asked my mother about it, she told me that the stems and hearts were her favorite parts. She had eaten the stem and heart from my artichoke after I had gone to bed.

I now cheerfully enjoy artichoke hearts in pasta salads and look forward to artichoke season.