Lunches....

Options
2»

Replies

• antitek
    antitek Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Meal planning and prepping ahead of time is essential. I normally have peeled boiled eggs and some cooked whole grains in the fridge. The nice thing about these two items is the addition of seasonings can give you a completely different seeming meal with very little effort.
  • kkgriggs
    kkgriggs Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi..lunches were my issue also. I normally take leftovers from the dinner before and I pack snacks also. HOWEVER I am going to try something new for variety ...salad in a jar...supposively you can make ahead for the week...grab a jar and go. Quart jar...homemade dressing in bottom...veggies (including any bean you might add), cheese, and lettuce. At lunchtime dump it into bowl and mix. Veggies marinate in dressing and lettuce is not suppose to wilt.
  • antitek
    antitek Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've been into making bento boxes for my daughters lunch. It is healthy, creative, and fun. I just started packing an extra one for me.

These lunches are simple, well planned, and healthy. It is just everyday food, you don't have to make some crazy happy bunny out of rice.

Here's an article about a woman who used this type of lunch to help her loose over 30 lbs.

And JustBento is a great resource.

http://www.justbento.com/how-bento-lunches-helped-me-lose-30-lbs-so-far
  • nitabean47
    nitabean47 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I work 11hr shifts w/ 1 hr lunch break.....I eat all my food at work. I make it easy...2 protein, 2 fruit and 2 veggies. I drink water and 1 diet soda at work. I use fresh veg/fruit and bag salad. I use my last off day for the week to sort everything except the salad. I make a soup or casserole of some kind that will be that nights meal and leftovers for work. So here would be a typical day:

Coffee/ Protein shake on the way to work

Salad w/ hard boiled egg whites (veg+pro)

Soup or casserole that I made (veg+pro)
    (or some other protein. If you have a trader joes they have wonderful turkey meatballs. I put them in a container w/ some regular can tomato sauce...add a lil water at work and 3 min they are done)

Container of strawberries (fruit)

Banana (fruit)

I keep crisp and light wasa crackers at work and bring laughing cow cheese wedge and tomato or cucumber to put on the cracker (veg+pro+grain)

When I stick to my bag and have water in between I don't graze....if I stray from my bag I eat whatever is in sight! Hope tis helps!
  • jenny3073
    jenny3073 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty boring I usually take a sandwich. I do occasionally bring left overs from dinner (when there is any) and I occasionally make tuna or chicken salad (sometimes with bread, sometimes alone). I can't do salads at lunch time either! I generally snack on light string cheese, clementines, sugar free pudding and sometimes thin pretzel sticks