Jan 6 - 12

Options
cklowery36
cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
New week, new start ladies! I'm starting to feel a bit more like me again, so I'll be calling it an early night in a few hours so I can make room for Fire 55EZ - starting week 5 over again. My goal this month is a 5-10 pound loss. I'm not shooting for the stars, just consistency and clean eating. I'm almost done with Weight Watchers; I don't like how I dread the weekly weigh-ins, but the meetings are great. I'm going to be my own guide for a while and these daily "check-ins" keep me on track with my wonderful group here. I just have to keep myself on track with eating well.

Well that's it for me this week: consistency and eating well. I hope you ladies have some goals to shoot for this week and month too!

Replies

• cklowery36
    Options
    Baby I'm back! I'm done with Fire 55EZ. I wanted to get up at 4AM, but that was just not happening with the time I went to bed so I did it at 6. It's almost 7:15, so I've got to log in the food I'm taking with me and I've got some hot water on the stove for green tea, so I'm getting this day off right!

I hope all you ladies have a great Monday!
  • jenihullett
    jenihullett Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Back to class for me today, so I was able to get in the Fire 60 workout, but I'll have to do the Abs 10 later, or I'll end up being late for my Physiology class >,<

PS- Did that bell in the middle of the finales scare the crap out of anyone else, or just me? I heard it start, and thought "Oh no, please don't give me another fire drill now!!"
  • Melzy71
    Melzy71 Posts: 150
    Options
    Hi Girls, I have to postpone my workout. My youngest woke up throwing up and have to help my middle son with school (back to school again yay!) so I will do it tonight. I can just do a short stretch or something if I feel too tired.

Jeni--- I haven't done Fire 60 so I haven't hear the bell lol but I can understand your pain. ;)
  • mammacano
    mammacano Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I started to do Fire 55 and half way through I started feeling shaky and weak.. WTH? It doesn't happen to me often, but once in a while. I had a good breakfast about an hour before I worked out, so I am perplexed as to why this happens to me.:huh: Has this ever happened to any of you? Any-who, I ended up only doing 30 minutes of TF and then 20 minutes of light weights...
  • preshusgem
    preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I did Fire 55 EZ today and I also wasn't feeling all that great during the workout. I usually work out on an empty stomach but this time I switched it up a bit and ate a full breakfast. I waited an hour and halfway through I felt like I was going to hurl. I didn't. So, I pushed thru the whole thing and I was "dogging it". I was doing a very low impact. I still burned calories, maybe not as much as I did last week when I did the same workout.

I've got Fire 45 (my fave) tomorrow, which I will do on an empty stomach and see how it goes.
  • Melzy71
    Options
    I ended up doing Pilates for 20 min yesterday. Today I did P90X Chest, Tris and Biceps. My arms are worn out! lol I am also starving!!!! =) See yall tomorrow.
  • jenihullett
    Options
    Well, the lady downstairs is home, so no Fire 45 EZ for me today. Hopefully she'll be gone tomorrow so I can do it on my "rest" day. Today I did Lower 20, and Abs 10 (because I missed it yesterday) So far, I am liking these advanced workouts!!
  • cklowery36
    Options
    Hi all! I just finished Fire 30, but due to that dang TOM approaching coming soon, I just didn't have enough juice to give Sculpt 30 a go. I can feel the lethargy setting in a bit so I felt a bit like there was an anchor on me.

I'm gonna have myself a small salad or a big one as long as there are vegetables, and will take it easy after I finish this laundry.

Jeni, we've got to find another apartment for that lady! LOL!
  • Melzy71
    Options
    Mammacano that happens to me sometimes. It's usually when I've been sick or about to get sick though. It doesn't happen often though.
  • preshusgem
    Options
    I had the chills today (no fever) and wasn't feeling up to doing my fave, Fire 45. I pushed through those feelings and went downstairs to do it. After 10 minutes, I was jumping around like a rabbit....so, it's all good. I'm glad I pressed play today. I wouldn't have done that before but I love the feeling I have afterwards.

My son is still sick. Went to the doc and she said he's got sinusitis (he's been complaining of headaches all week). He's only 7 y.o. She put him on a 14 day (instead of the usual 10 day) antibiotic and if he doesn't get better, he may need a CT scan to see what is clogged up in there. I've got a sore throat. I'm just glad my chest isnt tight. That would be worse.

Anyway, I'm almost done with Week 5. Yay!

Has anyone tried Chalene Extreme? I'm just curious what's the difference btwn Extreme & P90X? I'm going to do the full 20 weeks of TF and either do P90X Lean or mix up TF with P90X. Thoughts, tips or advice anyone?
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I have been pushing play, just haven't wrote anything for a while. I am glad everyone is pushing play. :) *sniff, sniff* makes me proud lol. really it DOES make me proud. I did fire 55 today, and abs 10 and went sleding. The snow is melting and my kids have been sick so I was glad we got to go out for alittle bit. I am wooped my legs were burning just pulling them up the little hill.

mamma- I havn't been like that for a while but it has happened to me. One thing i notice is I would hold my breath when doing a burpee and sometimes if I was jumping. I don't anymore but I can still get light headed. I think it's trying to catch my breath. lol I have an aweful time with cramps in my side though. Any thoughts on this? My hubby says I need to drink more it's a sign of dehiydration. (spelling)

Jeni- I am glad you are like the advanced dvds I do too. They may be longer but I like them so much more. :) I also agree with ck. :)

Stel-Glad you worked out anyway. I think it's like charlean says it's up here, it's in your head if you say it your body beleives it. Also my kids have been saying their heads hurt, for a week now my oldest 5 year old has said it. my youngest who can't talk would cry and hold his head so I hope that your son just has whatever werid bug my kids have. :) I also did charlean extreame I really like charlean so much better then tony. I did like the workouts with P90X but there was so much upper body it bugged me. (this is my weak point) I did the hybrid CLX/TF and lost 10lbs and 15 inches. I haven't lost that much with TF. Part of that is due to the fact I cut my cals to much :( I didn't have a loss for 3 months. I will give my final results, however inaccurate next week when I complete it. On CLX she contrantrates on slower reps and heavier weights. CLX workouts are also 45mins or less. If you have some time on your hands play around on the internet. I did a CLX vsP90X and made my desion from what I read. I will be doing CLX and TF Janelle summers way as my next go round. :) Hope that helps Lucy, can chime in on CLX as she just got it for christmas. :)
  • Melzy71
    Options
    Combat 30 today. I don't remember what it's called my dvd isn't with me. 235 kicks! I know I say that every time I do this one but I just think it's awesome. LOL

Stel-- I did one round of CLX. I have done a lot of weight lifting programs and CLX by far did the most for my strength. Without doing it I would not beable to do P90X. CL made me so strong. I loved it and after I do Pump I will go back to it. The lean part is the hardest though. I struggled through it and only did 2 weeks of it before I just gave up. I just wasn't strong enough yet. It is a lot of holding your body up in plank while you do arms and leg exercises. It's ok though I loved the first 2 phases. If you aren't a 10 lb weakling then you can make it through. I am going to try to do the whole 3 months next time. You should look for examples of it on YouTube. There are a lot of people showing what it's like to do the workouts. =)
  • jenihullett
    Options
    Did Fire 45 EZ today (so much for a rest day!) and was glad that by the finale I still had some energy left. I usually find myself "dogging it" pretty bad in the second half of 45EZ.

Also found out that my hubby got accepted into his Army Corp of Engineer's "Prime Power" school, so once he gets his school date he'll be gone for a year. I'm excited that he's going, because it's a great opportunity... but at the same time... a year is a LONG time to spend alone, especially when your nearest family is a 10 hour drive away. Hopefully I'll have plenty of my own school related things to keep me busy!
  • preshusgem
    Options
    Melzy, Thanks for your input! I attempted p90X Classic last spring for 7 weeks. I modified everything! Then summer started and I lost my motivation to continue. I started Lean last Fall, then gave up after 2 weeks. I was thinking that I already had P90X that I should just do that instead of CLX. I've heard that CLX is shorter and catered to women, not that women can't do P90X. IDK, I think I'll put that on my birthday wish list (in March). I will be done with TF in mid April.

This TF is the 1st time that I enjoy getting down to the basement to work out.. Today is my last day of Week 5. Late evening workout tonight. I haven't been feeling all that well. No appetite.

Jeni-So glad you were able to work out today. Congrats on your hubby's school acceptance! The year will fly especially if you're in school. Good luck!

On one of the dvd's...I don't remember which one. Maybe one of the advanced DVD's? Well, there's a Burn Circuit DVD and I was FF through it just to see what that's about. Is that CLX? If it is, I think I'll like it because it showed all different levels, using heavy weights, light weights, bands and no weights.

Anyway, if anyone knows what I'm referring to, LMK. Thanks ladies!
  • Melzy71
    Options
    Yeah I looked at my Dvd's ithe 3 phases are Burn, Push and Lean. Oh yeah it is in the TF extended the burn part you should check it out. I think it's burn 1. Ther are 3 workouts for each phase. Burn 1,2,3 etc. then there is an interval workout and abs and then one other one I can't remember right now. It was in my other box. I think it's a more advanced ab workout that I never got to cause the first one was hard enough. Lol
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Heeey, I did a Hiit 30 and scuplt 30 today. As Charlean says that was killer right!!!! I am not sure why she packs all this weight training and hiits in the last 4 weeks. I kinda thought I'd be doing recovery. I think its cause if you lost a good bit of weight you'd really make those mucles pop. However, not the case with me I am just getting sore and tired. :happy: My hubby came home sick today! I am so sick of being sick. Well not me yet thank goodness but I am tired of my family being sick. :sick: Just really sucks.

Stel- yes your right it is burn 1 that is on the dvd. I hear you about the birthday wish list. When is the big day?

Congrats Jeni, I am happy for you, it sucks at the same time.......Is baby making being put on hold then?

Melzy, Nice Kicking butt! really 235 is a crap load of kicks. I have another mfp friend who just got LMC and says it's the toughest she has done and she completed CLX, P90X, and TF. I am glad you enjoy it, might be to hard for me yet. :ohwell:

Keep up the AWESOME work!!!!!! :happy:
  • preshusgem
    Options
    Another late workout in tonight....well, not a sweaty workout, so maybe it will help me sleep.

Vini~ My bday is March 31, Easter this year. Last time it was Easter on my bday was in 2005 when I was pregnant with my twins.

Anyway, good night all! Catch you all tomorrow.
  • jenihullett
    Options
    Fire 30 and Upper 20 today. I finally feel like I'm back in the swing of things since I took that 3-week long break!

Vini- the baby making isn't going so great right now. We're going to try one more IUI, but it's looking like we're going to have to go through IVF now. >,< I was hoping to avoid it (because it's freaking expensive... like "I could have bought a car" expensive, with only a 50-60% chance of success) but quite honestly, we're running out of options, and I want to be a Mommy! It probably won't happen until the hubby gets back from his year-long school, though... so I'm setting myself goals. I am going to reach my goal weight before I do IVF. If I'm going to spend big bucks on something like that, I'd better make sure that I'm in the best health possible beforehand!

Preshusgem+ Melzy- I was thinking about p90x, but I have nowhere in my apartment to put a pull-up bar... plus, I don't really trust the construction of our apartment.... it might break off the door frame if I tried >.> I've also heard good things about LMC, but like Vini said... I've heard that it will kick your butt. I have a friend doing Tapout XT now, and she says that LMC was about equal in difficulty. I was thinking of doing something like that down the road, just because all the punching and kicking makes me feel like a badass when I'm working out, lol.
  • Melzy71
    Options
    P90X Shoulders and arms today!!! My muscles are super fatigued. I think I am still getting over the Poxes. The doc said I could have side effects for a while like tiredness and achey.

Jeni --- i can't do pull ups or chin ups and do not have a bar either. I just do this little move that Blogilates taught me for the same effect. I am a weakling. I checked out that Tapout a couple weeks ago that looks tough too. When I get done with my rotation again I will probably get that. I will not be buying anymore from Beach body unless they come out with a new Chalene. I just am not interested in any of the other. I do like P90X but I only like the weight workouts and you have to buy the extras and I don't really want those. I will probably do what I have in another rotation for the next year and then see what happens. I will be needing something hard and new by then. I am really digging the muscles I am getting and seeing the results everyone else is getting from these beachbody workouts I am excited to see that on me too. Also sorry to hear about the baby making. I know it can get expensive and there aren't any guarantees. Have yall thought about adoption? I am not sure sometimes that is just if not more expensive. Anyway I am praying for y'all.
  • mammacano
    mammacano Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!! You all are doing FABulous!! Yesterday, I did HIIT 20 AND Core 20 and felt great. Today, I did Fire 45 and ran out of gas at the end ~ but finished! Yay! I think that my fatigue while working out may be due to the fact that my body is still getting used to changing to vegetarianism..I started Shakeology yesterday and hoping the extra nutrients push me out of this funk! I need my energy back! Anyways, keep pushing play and Have a great day!!