Hi

Options
Hello fellow Albuquerqueans! I just wanted to say hello as I recently joined this group. I look forward to talking with you and maybe arranging workout times or recipe exchanges. I am down 10 pounds with 20-25 to go! I can't wait to see the new me! Good luck to all of you in your weigh loss journey.

Replies

• KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I'm in Albuquerque, I thought I was the only one! I've been in this group alone for soooo long now!
  • mallisaunders
    Options
    You are not alone! :happy: I also invited my friend, Yvette to join this group. She is also in Abq. I am working on going to the gym on Mondays and Wednesdays. I have a Planet Fitness membership. You interested?
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    My name is Yvette, and I belong to a slew of groups on MFP. I typically do more strength training, more than I do cardio, and walk quite a bit. I hate the cold, and was hoping I could get through the winter months without a gym membership. But I'm in the same boat as Malli as far as workouts go. I do a variety of workouts like kettlebells, pushups, situps, HIIT, P90X, and Insanity. I eat according to the Paleo/Primal ways, and I'm about to kick it up another notch with green smoothies. I'm ready to do Warrior Dash and Tough Mudder here in Albuquerque, and a trek to Lake Havasu very soon.

I'm about 15 lbs to goal(140), am 5'10”, but working more on body fat percentage than anything.

Glad to meet new friends.
  • ghiagirl893
    ghiagirl893 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone! I've just been waiting for someone else to start a thread! I though I was alone here!
    I'm planning on working out at UNM, they have an pass that is $100 a semester ($25 a month) and includes 2 pools, classes, plus a full gym, racquetball courts, etc etc
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, I am not alone!

I work out in the fitness room at my gym for a little over a year now... Don't really have the money for a gym..!

I am so glad to see other people around Albuquerque. Send friend requests now!
  • mallisaunders
    Options
    Nifty. Maybe we can make hiking or other outdoor plans once it warms up. I am also planning on the Warrior Dash.
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I just joined, too. Glad to see a few of us in ABQ on the board!!
  • mallisaunders
    Options
    Welcome hajenkatt!
  • verka2000
    Options
    Hi fellow Fitness pals,I just joined the group and just bought Fitbit Zip online.Me and my girlfriend both got Fitbits and we are ready to compete with one another (healthy competition).I plan on loosing 15 pounds.What are your weight loss goals and how far along are you in achieving them ? We both are very inspired by the Biggest Looser and cant wait to watch the season finale tonight!!
  • mallisaunders
    Options
    Welcome Verka2000. I want to lose about 20-25 more pounds and get back in shape. I have been walking, doing some strength, and recently started playing golf. I am trying to watch my sugar intake and I no longer eat fast food. I wish you well! :smile:
  • DustinJMcClure
    DustinJMcClure Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Dustin, I created this group a while back as the user "odownz" but I had deactivated that account. I am back on here and looking to get healthy and in shape! Nice to meet all of you! :-)