Dr Who?

Options
124»

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    And I love Torchwood ....... in fact, anything that intersects or offshoots Dr W & Torchwood is ok by me ...... bring it on !

torchwood_zps923cefce.jpg
  • mairinosteen
    mairinosteen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    As for Torchwood, anything with John Barrowman in it is worth watching in my book. :love: :love:
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    ... my husband would sit next to me & play "FarmVille" and ignore the show ...... but he has gradually come over to the dark side :bigsmile:

My husband leaves the room to watch football if it's on, but I'm hoping after the superbowl I might be able to reel him in. He resists though.

This has been making me giggle a lot lately. Trying to figure out how to work it into a valentine's thing.

"Biting is excellent. It's like kissing, only there's a winner."
  • callmebryntax
    Options
    That's where I just started watching a couple of months ago. I'm almost done with season 6 now. (being a football widow frees up a lot of time)

Liking it a little less since Davies went off to do Torchwood (also fun) but still hooked for life, I think.

Yeah, join my sad, sobbing club! I get so upset when I remember that he is gone (usually I remember because an episode doesn't wow me as much as the old ones did). Still, won't ever stop watching, I've been a fan since I was 8!
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    That's where I just started watching a couple of months ago. I'm almost done with season 6 now. (being a football widow frees up a lot of time)

Liking it a little less since Davies went off to do Torchwood (also fun) but still hooked for life, I think.

Yeah, join my sad, sobbing club! I get so upset when I remember that he is gone (usually I remember because an episode doesn't wow me as much as the old ones did). Still, won't ever stop watching, I've been a fan since I was 8!

Yeah, at first I couldn't decide if I just didn't enjoy Matt Smith as much as hoped, but I think the unevenness is the problem for me. Some episodes feel like they weren't completely thought through. Like The Monster in the Wardrobe--I get that the emotional themes were the real point of the story but all the Stuff that came before the final scenes didn't really seem to lead us there. Came off as random and therefore cheap distractions to fill an after school special with wacky sci-fi stuff. (this is not to say I didn't enjoy some parts of it until the final reveal failed to tie it all together adequately--for me.)

But I can still enjoy the characters and performances even when the story fails me. And it might get better. I'm not an entertainment professional and I know it's easy to criticize, it just seems like Davies, as show runner, had a clear and well-developed vision and knew how to make sure the shows were more consistent in quality and that the character development stayed on track, regardless of the episode's writer. I hate when any episode in a series has the actors doing things out of character or just Not Right, and other things are off enough that I actually go and check imdb to see if someone green to the show wrote it.

Anyway, Moffat has written some really great episodes but I just don't feel he quite has the chops--yet--to fill Davies' shoes as a show runner. Or maybe it's the other executive changes on the show that happened at the same time? Something just feels off to me, but others would disagree.

But I will keep watching, and still *love* many of the moments and characters, and even some of the whole episodes.

On that note, I've got my coffee and am about to fire up the DVR to watch the first 3 episodes of season 7, recorded in the wee hours this morning :)