Conventions?

Options
2»

Replies

• LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    If you think Dragon*Con is crazy, then never go to San Diego Comic Con :laugh:
  • animefiend7
    animefiend7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Animeland Wasabi in March
    Denver Comic Con in May
    Masters Edition Sealed Event (Not a con, but monstrous nonetheless) Las Vegas in June
    Nan Desu Kan maybe in September.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    the secret to DragonCon is that you have to be in a clique to get into most events without waiting. *yawn* The "elite" geeks and costumers pretty much rule that show. I'm just going to the dance parties. Who cares about anything else. But the costumes are amazing - some heavy hitters and fithy ritch people really do put on some amazing shows.

Assasination city and Alamo city may be options for me too. I missed the dallas con last year by one day due to work. Excellent location for it but only one hotel within walking distance!

I went to my first D*Con last year and had an amazing time. LOVED the zombie prom. The impromptu dance circles with the Ghetto Stormtrooper made me laugh so hard I almost peed. And the concerts... and the art room. We never did make it to the panels, but we did watch most of them on DCTV. John Barrowman had me laughing so hard! And so did Jonathan Frakes. I am apparently a good luck charm, because of the no-line-registration. The Walk of fame lines were insane too, so I'd pick the smaller ones and had a more meaningful and fun time!

The only reason I'm not going this year is because too much stuff happened to prevent it, but I'm going next year. This year is going to be local, and all about StarFest 4/19-21 and Denver ComicCon 5/31-6/2.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    If you think Dragon*Con is crazy, then never go to San Diego Comic Con :laugh:

Seriously. I did it 5 years in a row. *face palm* But I lived there and had 'ins'. When it got too big is when I quit going...
  • jsimler1
    jsimler1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    ACEN, in Chicago, in May :D
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    lol this post reminds me of this weeks big bang theory
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    SDCC and Seattle Emerald City Comic-con.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    SDCC and Seattle Emerald City Comic-con.

Matt Fraction is going to be at ECCC, I'm jealous you're going!
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Never been to a con. I would like to go to ComicCon just to people watch.
  • Routerninja
    Options
    Never been to a con. I would like to go to ComicCon just to people watch.

Most of my time at Dragon*Con is taking pics of people Cosplaying :)