Keratin Treated Hair & Workouts

Jovan0609
Jovan0609 Posts: 233 Member
Hey ladies -

Just as a little background, I've been a "weave-a-holic" for over 7 years now. I actually cannot remember the last time I wore my own hair, but now that I have reached my ultimate weight loss goal, I decided to let go of my security blanket this past Friday, take out my weave, and wear my own hair. :-)

With that being said, my stylist used the keratin treatment on my hair, since I had been wearing it natural under the weave. So far, I absolutely LOVE it. The only downside is that I couldn't workout/sweat for 2 days after the treatment because it would deactivate the ingredients. Today is the first day that I can actually get a workout in and I was wondering if anyone else is working out with a keratin treatment? If so, do you wrap your hair during your workouts or pull it into a ponytail and use a sweat band?

Any advice you have would be so helpful!

Thanks ladies! :smile:

Replies

• Hello,

I do not have a Keratin Treatment but will be getting one early in February. You might want to try out youtube for some videos on it. I will share with you how it's going with my workouts. Are you still loving it?
  • Jovan0609
    Jovan0609 Posts: 233 Member
    Hello,

I do not have a Keratin Treatment but will be getting one early in February. You might want to try out youtube for some videos on it. I will share with you how it's going with my workouts. Are you still loving it?

So far it's going pretty good. It gets a little puffy after like three/four days without heat, but once I add some heat to it, it's been holding up pretty well through some pretty strenuous workouts. I just bought the "Save Your Do" hair wrap and it has helped tremendously. :smile: