Week 2 challenge

Options
eternity365
eternity365 Posts: 97 Member
Hi everyone, may I suggest this week to go for a walk. I spend to much time indoors so this week I am committing on spending outside at least an hour per day. Please join me and spend outside some quality time with your family, friends, dog or alone.

Replies

• eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    great i love to walk outside i just love the fresh air!!!
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS!! I walk my puppy every morning for about 20-30 minutes. I even love the crisp, cold air! SO PEACEFUL at 7am..... Then I have been hopping on treadmill for some additional exercise but I worry her little paws are gonna be frozen if I walk farther with her.....
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I will find time this week, probably around the weekend :)
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I walking outside everyday, regardless of the weather..such a refreshing feeling.
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am such a wimp. But we are having a heat wave (mid 40's) so I will work on it. I won't have time tomorrow. I work then I have to take my daughter back to college. ( couple hours in the car)
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I will try, unfortunately where I live it's more dangerous to go outside and walk than to not. People cannot DRIVE around here and there are crazy turns right by my house. I usually do my walking (at least now that it gets dark so early) in my house or on my porch with Leslie Sansone...does that work? :)
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    :smile: I like my treadmill and don't get home in time to spend an hour outside..thanks for the challenge
  • cubbie_girl
    cubbie_girl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I canonly do this tomorrow cause it is my day off. After doing laundry I usually go to the boardwalk for a smoothie - I'll just take the long way around the boardwalk and maybe do some window shopping or see if anyone is using the soccer field while I enjoy my time away from work. I'm also meeting a friend at the track there this afternoon and while we won't be there an hour, it will be some nice outside exercise time.
  • tinatatertoes
    tinatatertoes Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'll attempt it. The kids are still out of school for break, so I'll drag them with me :)
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Well .. it was -3 and icy this morning. Where I live it really isn't easy to comit to that .. but I will comit to getting some sort of exercise each day. If weather permits, I will do something outside!
  • Loralea43
    Loralea43 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great idea. I'll commit to walking at least 3 days in the coming week. :)
  • Kfields09
    Options
    Challenge excepted. Just this morning my second grader said since its sunny how about he be a walker the rest of the week. Guess he will be getting his way!
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge and will do it.
    Yesterday spend an hour and a half outside :)
  • eternity365
    Options
    I know what is bad weather:) there fore it is a challenge. In Lithuania now is just -5 C (or 23 F), windy and icy currently, 2 weeks ago was up to -18, from 3 pm is getting dark, there fore no one wants to go out including me I need to force myself to go out for some fresh air. Challenge makes me accountable so I just came in:) I hope fore some of you sun is shining and the sky is blue:wink:
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Great. I am hoping to be able to get out a walk more. I will give it a shot as my daughter has been sick and it has been to cold to get her out. I'm willing to try though.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I walked for 35 minutes. I have to admit that I walked on my treadmill though, but it's on my fully glass back porch so I could see outside! :bigsmile:
  • tinatatertoes
    tinatatertoes Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Took the kids geocaching and to the park today. Spent about an hour outdoors! It was a little chilly, but never gets too cold here in California.
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I walked for about 30 minutes this am. A winter day here but about 43* and no wind. I was roasting by the time I returned home! LOL Love the outdoors!!!
  • eternity365
    Options
    Today I spent only 30 min for a walk as I had speedy walk to town center.
    Yesterday a bit more then 1 hour in the park with my dog.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I will walk to my volunteering job on Friday instead of taking the bus!