Weekday Lunch

Options
This morning I decided to pack a larger salad (well, more salad greens) just to see how that would go.

My lunch was an apple, banana, about 4-5 cups of salad greens, 2T dressing, some cut carrots from our garden, and 1/8 C pecans and some Craisins to go with the greens. I usually bring a 2-3 C salad and something else - a sandwich, some pasta, whatever leftovers are handy. Today, just the salad, no extras.

I've munched my way through the early afternoon and I'm probably starting to turn green from all the lettuce I've eaten, but I am totally sated (and have my apple to eat just before I go to pick up C).

I'm feeling good about being able to just bring a bigger salad instead "salad AND ___" - this week for sure and maybe throughout the rest of the month.

Replies

• VioletMom
    VioletMom Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That is so great! I am still trying to figure out what lunches should look like for me - my breakfasts are always easy (cereal or some form of peanut butter toast).

I will try big ol' salad tomorrow and see how it goes - I have a vat of veggie bean pasta soup that I am working my way through for dinners, so I am set there.

This may be a question for later in the week - do you find that you're eating more carbs when you eliminate meat as a protein? I feel like all of my meals have more grains; beans and rice, peanut butter and rice cakes, veggie burgers... I'm enjoying the challenge, but I'm finding it to be a more complicated transition than I expected.