what did you eat today?

Options
westonhive
westonhive Posts: 56 Member
Today, I made brown rice, black beans and topped it with sauteed onions and green peppers. It was filling and yummy, but hubby had seconds. Lol I was a little nervous about the cooking part of the fast, but I think Im going to be just fine.

What did you eat or cook, and what foods/recipes are you going to try?

Replies

• waytoweigh
    Options
    I have had this book for several months...although I have the desire, I haven't had the courage to try it. Since there is now a group and some others to work at this with me, I would like very much to join all of you. The book also has recipes and 21 days of meals along with a devotional. I will start my 21 days on Wednesday the 9th after I can get to the store for everything I will need. If you would like for me to share recipes from the book or meal plans just ask. I am also looking for more friends if any of you would care to have another MFP please add me..blessings to you
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    I haven't eaten anything too crazy yet..hehe. Just walnuts, fruits, raisins..water! I'm not used to drinking pure water..

My fiance was really kind of against the diet because he loves meat. So do I ! But I received a revelation yesterday..that this diet is to succumb to the SPIRIT and fight the TEMPTATION of the flesh..so basically we are fighting the temptation of what our body thinks it wants and replacing it with what it needs.

I shared this with my fiance, and he is on board. It was hard at first, but we went shopping last night for lots of fruits, vegetables, nuts and he became excited about this diet.

I will share that since we started, we received two big huge blessings that will change our lives forever. Things we have been praying for . This year, a resolution is to work on his finances. And these blessings will definitely be helping out. Today he received a job offer we have been praying about. These are real blessings. It's amazing.

I pray that you all receive amazing blessings too..and to think this is only the beginning ! What an awesome way to start the new year!
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    Westonhive, last night we sauteed some large mushroom caps in olive oil..it was pretty awesome! Very yummy and he loved it, even though he was nervous. I bought some quinoa as well. Not sure how to use it yet, but I will hopefully find some good recipes for it!
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    waytoweight..I am so excited you are going to start the fast. The first day is hard, but your body and spirit will love you for it! And shopping for all those vegetables, fruits and Daniel Fast foods was super fun : )
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Starting tomorrow at sundown...I'm so EXCITED and humbled at the same time! I'll share what I'm having for inspiration/ideas for you guys as well

I'll be computer free tomorrow evening thru Saturday evening but my meals starting tomorrow will be:

Breakfast: /

Organic steel cut oats mixed with Amazing Grace Green Grass whole food Mix (barley grass, wheatgrass, alfalfa grass), fresh organic blueberries, organic strawberries, blackberries and water to drink

Naval orange on the side

Snack:
    2 bananas
    organic pink lady apple
    Pistachio nuts
    20 oz water

Lunch
    Organic Green Juice drink: Collar greens, spinach, celery, cucumber, green apples, ginger, beet&beet greens, garlic, lemons, jalapeno pepper,
    20 oz water
    Naval orange on the side
    Raw walnuts

Snack:
    Large Pomegranate
    Raw Almonds
    20 oz water

Dinner:
    large plain baked potato, 2 cups of steam and seasoned with fresh herbs and spices broccoli & cauliflower

Snack:
    Green Juice: Collar greens, spinach, celery, green apples, cucumber, ginger, beet&beet greens, garlic, lemons, jalapeno pepper,
    Sunflower seeds on the side

Saturday:

Breakfast:
    Organic Green Juice drink: Collar greens, spinach, celery, green apples, cucumber, ginger, beet&beet greens, garlic, lemons, jalapeno pepper,

Snack:
    plain baked potato
    banana
    20 oz water

Lunch:
    Organic steel cut oats mixed with Amazing Grace Green Grass whole food Mix (barley grass, wheatgrass, alfalfa grass), fresh organic blueberries, organic strawberries, blackberries and water to drink ----
    Naval orange on the side

Snack:
    Protein drink: Manitoba Hemp Pro70 powder, Amazing Grass Green Grass powder, mixed with organic hazelnut milk, frozen mangoes, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries----
    on side large organic gala apple & organic red grapes

Dinner: /
    brown rice & super spiced with herbs and seasonings lentils

large organic baby Arugula & baby spinach salad, mushrooms, carrots, red onion, various sprouts, cucumbers, avocado, salad w/braggs ginger sesame Vinaigrette
    20 oz water

Snack:
    Large Pomegranate
    Raw almonds
    20 oz water