Sorority Persuassion

Options
Clarks572
Clarks572 Posts: 1 Member
Hey all!
I have been using myFitness Pal for well over a year now but have just decided to actually use all its resources and create an actual profile that was in groups and reading blogs and so on.
As you can tell, I am in a sorority and wanted to speak with other girls to see if there problems are similar to mine.
I dont know why but my school has alot of eating disorder buzz. Recently, i have found out the extent of the problem in my own house and others as well. I am someone that is scared and grossed out by the thought of doing something to myself however I am also someone self conscious of my body image.
Skipping a few chapters of my story.. i am trying to ask around and see how you think i should fight the urges to give in to peer pressure and join the others. I am a gym phanatic but thats because i love food. I love going out to dinner with my boyfriend and friends. However, when we order a brownie sundae with all the fixings, I know i will burn it off tomorrow. But knowing others are doing a quick fix is uncomfortable. I have been getting so self conscious that alot of my workouts now are borderline 1000+ and they are exhausting, but thats the only way i can counteract my social eating with friends.
I am kind of blabbering right now but what i am trying to ask for is support from others who are going through this or would be able to help. I dont want to fall into that cycle of binge and purge eating. But with second semester coming up next week, i dont want the emotions an persuassion coming back.
HELP!

Replies

• mgpearce4
    mgpearce4 Posts: 71
    Options
    I did not have the eating disorder buzz, but my chapter did have groups of girls who would go to workout together for support.