How Many Calories is Bootcamp!

Options
What calorie count should we use for a bootcamp class? Unfortunately it isn't a drop-down option on this website. Just curious as to what everyone is using.

Replies

• paganigl
    paganigl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use this:

http://i50.tinypic.com/353cz6e.jpg

Intensity guidelines are: If you can hold a normal conversation during the activity, it's LOW. If you take a deep breath between sentences, it's MEDIUM. If you breathe between words or short phrases, it's HIGH. If you can barely speak, it's VERY HIGH. You cannot sustain 'Very High" for more than a few minutes at a time. I usually count ~40-45 minutes of Medium and 15 minutes of HIGH for a bootcamp session.

You can also use this:

http://www.prohealth.com/weightloss/tools/exercise/calculator1_2.cfm

and pick a combination of aerobics (low & high impact) and calisthenics (low and high intensity).

You can go to the MFP Exercise tab > My exercises > Create exercise, and custom input a few of those exercises. MyFitnessPal is smart enough that it adjusts the calories as your weight changes, and it calculates for you the calories for a different interval (so if you input x calories in 30 minutes, it knows to double that if one day you do 60 minutes of that activity). I always input my custom workouts as cardio, even if they are resistance training.

But short answer, mine always adds up to 300-400 calories, depending on the intensity and length of the workout. If you're not as anal as I am, you can save yourself the headache and ballpark it at 350-ish. (Quick add).

Hope this helps!

~Adrienne
  • clubedd
    Options
    400 calories to be accurate. You tend to slack!
  • Jannell_13
    Jannell_13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Edgar - You better have been talking to Adrienne!

Adrienne - thanks for the input. Sounds pretty easy to customize an exercise. I just guess at 300. Sounds like I wasn't too far off.

-Jannell
  • George196
    Options
    I added Fitness Bootcamp to the data base. I asked Edgar what he thought the calorie burn was per workout. He said 450 - 600. I created three levels, an easy workout with 400 calories. A medium workout with 500 calories, and a Kick Butt workout with 600 calories. If you search for Fitness Bootcamp it should pop up. Click on one of the three depending on how hard you worked out.
  • Stahli
    Stahli Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have tried to punch in the Fitness Bootcamp work-out with no luck! Is anyone else having trouble? I have tried everything that I can think of.
  • MikeS201
    Options
    George, I think that when you add an exercise to the "database," it simply adds it to your exercise list, not the entire database. I tried searching as Stahli did, and couldn't find the three options.

So I tried adding my own to the database, and now I see them. Must be that individuals cannot add to the main database, but only their personal history/database?

Stahli, I just suggest you add the three levels to the database and then you'll find them.