sleep deprivation

kgeer31
kgeer31 Posts: 52 Member
My 3 year old is driving me crazy. She dreams very heavily (crying,litting up in bed, yelling, talking, no sleep walking...yet) and gets me up (wants nothing to do with daddy at night) on average 5x/night. I NEED a solid 7-8hrs of sleep or believe me you don't want to be around me. My weight loss has become non-existant and my diet is beoming more and more dependent on caffeine just to make it through the work day to go home and do it all over again. I known how important rest is in overall health for body and mind. I'm super frustrated, angry, exhausted. Any suggestions? We cut out chocolate after 6pm and that has helped with actual bedTIME. She is very active all day at daycare and we play at home, too. She even goes to zumba with me 1 or 2 nights a week.

Replies

• alimarie53
    alimarie53 Posts: 102 Member
    It takes time... 3 year olds are crazyyy!!!!

If she naps, you nap. The laundry, dishes... all that can be taken care of later.

If her dreams are constant and she's not sleeping well then maybe you should take her to the doctor. It's important that BOTH of you get rest. :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    This is a wonderful resource: http://www.babysleepsite.com/

Have you spoken to your pediatrician?

You CANNOT lose weight if you are sleep deprived, your body will just hang on to it to keep going.