How many calories were you eating at 7 months post op?

Options
spfldpam
spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
Wondering how many calories you were eating at 7 months post op after sleeve surgery? I try to keep mine at 1000 cals and I don't usually eat back any calories I burned off doing exercise. I have up'd my exercise the last couple weeks to burn off 300-400 calories a day and wonder if I should up my calories also that I eat. I think both my nut. and bariatric physical therapist told me to up it to 1200 if I did more than 30 minutes of work outs a day. I usually have been doing close to an hour a day broken up in 2 30 minute sets or 3 20 minutes set broken up through out the day in 3 times.
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i am 6 months out and had my check up today. I usually manage 800 and was told this is too low and to get it up to 1,000. if it is a gym day then i am to up it to 1,200. I burn a lot of calories every day because i do at least 10,000 steps. I can't eat all my calories back and sometimes end up in negative net cals. I am not ill with it nor do I lose excessive amounts of weight. I think you have to go with how you feel. If I do up the cals I add complex carbs on the advice of my dietitian.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    At my six month check up I was told to stay at 1000 caloried per day and 60-80 grams of protein. I didn't listen and never counted calories until my 1 year check up. That's when I discovered I was eating about 800-900 perday, way too low, and that's why I had stopped losing weight, because I was starving myself. I was getting my protein in each day, but not the calories or the water.
  • mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    For me and I am only 2 + months out lol....but my nutritionist told me not to worry about how many calories I am having to just worry about my protein and liquid intake...SO I have no clue... :)
  • reneemosley
    reneemosley Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 7th month and I eat 850 cals a day. Very low carb. I am a slow loser.
    I am also an unfaithful exerciser.
  • mom2noah25
    Options
    6 months out and I eat between 600-800 calories a day. Just seen my surgeon today for checkup and he was fine with my intake. I think it is up to you and what your dr/nut say. Everyone is different.
  • JillyInAZ
    JillyInAZ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    10 months out, and try to stay around 900-1000 calories.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I looked up my notes I had jotted down at my last nut apt in November 2012 and it did say if I did 45 to 60 minutes of exercise a day to eat 1200 cals a day. That might be why I have been kinda feeling hungry since I have been uping my exercise to 1 hour a day the last couple weeks. I did loose 2.20 pounds in the last week so I guess I am doing ok. I just don't wanna eat more than I should and stop loosing. I am aware if you don't eat enough you won't loose as I had that issue early on when I couldn't get more than 200-300 cals down the first month or so.
    Thanks again!