Difficulties/Motivations

Options
I am on day 3 of the Daniel Fast. Sometimes I am feeling kind of discouraged, or hungry all the time! I noticed I have been eating way more calories just to keep up with my hunger. sometimes my fiance feels discouraged as well. But if we can do this, we can do anything! It is very hard to not succumb to what our body wants, and sometimes we block out what our mind and spirit and body needs, like the Holy Spirit. I have found myself in contemplation much more, and personal meditation praying to God for help with being strong enough to do this for him. I don't want to give up...too much to lose, and so much to gain by finishing...Lets help each other do this : )

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of the Daniel Fast. Sometimes I am feeling kind of discouraged, or hungry all the time! I noticed I have been eating way more calories just to keep up with my hunger. sometimes my fiance feels discouraged as well. But if we can do this, we can do anything! It is very hard to not succumb to what our body wants, and sometimes we block out what our mind and spirit and body needs, like the Holy Spirit. I have found myself in contemplation much more, and personal meditation praying to God for help with being strong enough to do this for him. I don't want to give up...too much to lose, and so much to gain by finishing...Lets help each other do this : )

You diary is closed, so I can't see it but sister girl, let me tell ya, if you like brocolli & cauliflower, honey eating some of that (say 2 cups each if that's not too much) steamed and loaded with fresh herbs and spices--YUM and you will feel like you just ate a meal fit for a queen. I know it fills me up big time. Also, a nice baked potato plain, with nothing on it tastes really yummy too and will fill you up big time too. Don't forget to drink lots of many. MANY times when we think we're hungry...we're actually thisrty.

I just posted something on "spiritual fasting" that will bless your spirit, mind, body and soul too....you can find it here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/845576-spiritual-fasting

When you prayerfully read this...watch those "hunger pains" FLEE! Or better yet, here's some Word to help feed that REAL hunger of y/ours:

Matthew Chapter 4

1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.

3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in [their] hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Luke 6:21 - Blessed [are ye] that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed [are ye] that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

Deuteronomy Chapter 28

1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe [and] to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:

2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.

3 Blessed [shalt] thou [be] in the city, and blessed [shalt] thou [be] in the field.

4 Blessed [shall be] the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.

5 Blessed [shall be] thy basket and thy store.

6 Blessed [shalt] thou [be] when thou comest in, and blessed [shalt] thou [be] when thou goest out.

7 The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.

8 The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

9 The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.

10 And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee.

11 And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

12 The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.

13 And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do [them]:

14 And thou shalt not go aside from any of the words which I command thee this day, [to] the right hand, or [to] the left, to go after other gods to serve them.

Matthew 6:31-33 – “So don’t worry, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’ For the idolaters eagerly seek all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you.”

Luke 12:15-21 – “He then told them, ‘Watch out and be on guard against all greed because one’s life is not in the abundance of his possessions.’ Then He told them a parable: ‘A rich man’s land was very productive. He thought to himself, “What should I do, since I don’t have anywhere to store my crops? I will do this,” he said. “I’ll tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and store all my grain and my goods there. Then I’ll say to myself, ‘You have many goods stored up for many years. Take it easy; eat, drink, and enjoy yourself.’” But God said to him, “You fool! This very night your life is demanded of you. And the things you have prepared-whose will they be?” That’s how it is with the one who stores up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God.’”

Matthew 6:24 – “No one can be a slave of two masters, since either he will hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one

1 Peter 2:1–3, “Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the Word, that you may grow thereby, if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.”

Blessed are they which doe hunger and thirst after righteousnesse: for they shall be filled.
    Matthew chapter 5