NSV (Non scale victories)

Options

Replies

• Blakelynn3
    Blakelynn3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My NSV is lame but I haven't had one in a while and I need it. I have started craving salads. And I'm starting to enjoy exercising rather than having to force myself to start and mentally push myself through it. Yay me! I just needed something positive today because the scale isn't being a friend. haha!
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I have completed Week 3, Day 1 of C25K (Couch to 5K). And this fat girl ran for 3 minutes---TWICE today! (And 90 seconds twice).
  • beckimj
    beckimj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I can take my jeans off without unbuttoning them :)
  • Blakelynn3
    Blakelynn3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I ordered myself a hoodie online last fall. According to the measurements on the site it should've fit well. When I got it, I couldn't zip it. It took effort to get the sides to meet in the middle. lol. Sad day. I kept it anyway. I just threw it on today and it fits! It zips! I don't look like I'm squeezing into something half my size!
  • Julie_Donahue
    Options
    I haven't noticed any difference in my clothes yet (17 pounds), but my shoes are getting bigger! My insert was sliding around in my shoe! :)
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My pants almost fell off today. Sounds funny but it's a big NSV for me!! :embarassed:
  • Julie_Donahue
    Options
    I've had several people tell me they can see a difference. I still don't see one (except in pictures).
  • ireallylikemuffins
    Options
    My belts from Torrid are now becoming a bit too big for me! I was on the furthest-in notch yesterday! And I'm noticing that my shirts that used to be tight are now less so. :)
  • jenny3073
    jenny3073 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone on their terrific NSV! I didn't lose a pound yesterday but by chance we ended up near a mall yesterday morning and went inside to look for something specific, but ended up not going into the store and walked at a medium pace for over an hour, with a break halfway through. I have an annoying and sometimes painful hernia and a bad back so it's very hard for me to walk or stand more than 5-10 minutes at a time, this was a huge accomplishment for me and really set the tone for the week! I'm bubbling over with energy today and it just makes me feel more motivated to stick to my calorie goal today! Moreso, I can't wait to get home to exercise tonight!

Someone here mentioned Torrid, I'm still a bit big for that store but I walked by yesterday and just KNEW that I'll be able to buy some things from there at some point this year, can't wait!
  • deprek
    deprek Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Look at all of these NSV's...very encouraging.

Here's mine: This past weekend I was away at a dance competition with my daughter. I was so afraid of what my totals would look like since I couldn't plan my meals like I normally do and since I knew I would be grabbing a snack during the day instead of eating regular meal. But I must say that I did really well. I logged everything in, came in under my totals and got on the scale this morning and was down. I made great choices at the breakfast buffet (a place where I know I could have easily overeatten). And we took the steps a few times when the elevators were too crowded (thankfully we were on the 8th floor and the ballroom for the competition was on the 3rd floor). Since this is a lifestyle change for me it's really encouraging that I can do this for the long haul.
  • jenny3073
    jenny3073 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Look at all of these NSV's...very encouraging.

Here's mine: This past weekend I was away at a dance competition with my daughter. I was so afraid of what my totals would look like since I couldn't plan my meals like I normally do and since I knew I would be grabbing a snack during the day instead of eating regular meal. But I must say that I did really well. I logged everything in, came in under my totals and got on the scale this morning and was down. I made great choices at the breakfast buffet (a place where I know I could have easily overeatten). And we took the steps a few times when the elevators were too crowded (thankfully we were on the 8th floor and the ballroom for the competition was on the 3rd floor). Since this is a lifestyle change for me it's really encouraging that I can do this for the long haul.

Good for you!!! I know buffets are one of my many weaknesses and it's very inspiring you held to your limits at the buffet! I don't know if I could do that, very proud of you! I think trips away from home are always a challenge and you proved your commitment this weekend! Great job!
  • robinhoward123
    robinhoward123 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well scale hasn't said much but I tried on one of my old pants that wouldn't go over my hip, and now they fit great!!!!!:smokin:
  • Julie_Donahue
    Options
    I didn't share here (I blogged about it at http://halfajulie.blogspot.com) but my trip last week was successful. We ate out the whole time, and I made great choices at Outback Steakhouse and Wecks (a place famous for HUGE meals). I didn't get any exercise in, but I did stay under calorie goals.
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I had to tighten up my watch a hole!!
  • tinatatertoes
    tinatatertoes Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    One of the things I've noticed (and love) is that I can do more stuff. This week I went on a short vacation to visit a friend on a military base and the Lt. Dan Band was playing there. After a really full day, we walked/hiked from her house about a half mile to see the concert. I danced the entire two hours and then we walked the half mile back home. I was really proud of myself. The old me would have looked for a reason to drive there and would have had to sit down during the show. But now, even though I am still in the 280's, I can do more things and have more fun. This is exactly why I wanted to be more healthy. I'm not so concerned about all the clothes I can't wear, I'm more concerned about all the things I'm missing :)
  • Julie_Donahue
    Options
    I finally fit into my size 26 jeans!! (I never thought I'd be thrilled with that!!) About a year ago I had to buy elastic waisted jeans because I couldn't fit into any button/zipper jeans. This morning, they fit!
  • deprek
    deprek Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Good for you Julie...you've worked hard for that!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I finally fit into my size 26 jeans!! (I never thought I'd be thrilled with that!!) About a year ago I had to buy elastic waisted jeans because I couldn't fit into any button/zipper jeans. This morning, they fit!

Way to Go Julie!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Here are a few NSV for me this week:

* I caught sight of myself in a mirror at the shopping centre, and realised that I looked quite 'normal' sized. My top half at least lol.

* I bought a few new pairs of exercise pants about 4 weeks ago. They're already falling off me when I exercise. I thought I'd have to go a size down, but I tried on a size smaller and they were too big still! So the size that fit me is a 16 (for American people, our sizes are different. - it's either a 12 or 14 in your sizes according to Google). I'm a very pear shape and started in an (NZ/AUS) 22 - 24 pants so to get into a 16 is mind blowing! I'm still in an Aus 18 - 20 for Jeans though because they're more fitted.

* I have a route I walk to and from the local shopping centre. Towards the end of last year it took me 13 - 14 mins to walk it every single time. Today, it took me 10 mins in each direction, and that included waiting to cross a busy road. I think the best part is I felt like I was walking slowly, but I wasn't. And I wasn't completely stuffed on the way back home. My legs felt powerful (to borrow a phrase my nine year old daughter recently said to me). I am so much fitter than I was before, I don't even think I'd recognise the old me.
  • smacmillan86
    smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Since I have started working out the scale hasn't been moving, but I have lost 5 inches off my waist and another 4 off of my hips. Validation.