Hello! New to mommyhood...

Options
Hi ladies- I just found out that I am expecting and am a little freaked out! I am not at a healthy weight and all of the information I've found online is, quite frankly, alarming.

I am looking for support and advice... and friends! I just used an online calculator and it says I am due around Sept 12th.

This will be my first baby (well, besides my fuzzy, furry ones =D)

Replies

• Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I am 31 weeks at the moment, due on March 11th. It is completely freaky when you first find out! My husband and I were trying for 6 months before I got pregnant, and I got so used to them coming back negative that when it didn't, I was quite surprised. The first people I told were on MFP because I couldn't believe that it was positive.

Feel free to add me! I would love to be able to be one of those annoying women who says, "Oh, you think morning sickness is bad? Just wait until _________ ". But seriously, feel free to add me if you like.

Congrats again!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats!

I"m 34 weeks, so feel free to send me a FR.

Also, Dr. Google is scary, so don't get too worried about what you read online. Overweight and obese women have healthy babies all the time.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    This is my third obese pregnancy. My first two children are very healthy and active. Stay away from Dr. Google! Congratulations!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm 20+ weeks with my second and also have three dogs, plus we're adopting another tomorrow (he's being fixed today). Even though I have a child (who's nearly 2), I still love my dogs as much as before - I had been "warned" that I would hate them once I had a baby, but I have not found that to be the case :happy:

Feel free to add me if you like! I try to be on here as much as I can, but some days (unlike today) are better than others.

Also, I will third the suggestion to not Google stuff. I have convinced myself I was dying so many times by doing internet "research" (going back at least 10 years, and I'm still here and healthy), and I've also convinced myself I'm miscarrying at least twice. I just had my big ultrasound today, and from the looks of it, I'll be having a healthy baby... so yeah, stay off the internet! If you're concerned about anything, just call your doctor or midwife. They won't hate you (if they do, find a new health care provider ASAP), and that's what they're there for!