Starting?

Options
2»

Replies

• kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Not sure I can lose 9 lbs by v-day, but might as well try!!! I'm at a lull, lost a pound, gained it back... so I'm hoping joining some groups and making some friends will help motivate me to keep at it...
    I'm 137, so 9lbs would put me at 128. My goal weight is 125, so I'm really not sure it'll come off so fast, but hey! If I don't try, I'll never know!!!
    :-)
  • Ariana120689
    Ariana120689 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hell. My name is Ariana. I am 5'5 and weighed in at 183.4 this morning..
  • irmacasillas
    Options
    I,m in!! this is the goal i need right now, and being in this group will keep me accountable. i signed up on MFP in Aug. but this is the 1st time i'm actually using it. come on guys we can do this!!!!!!!!!!:)
  • sarahcrush
    Options
    This is exactly what i need. A bit of motivation. Gave up smoking 4 months ago (20 a day for over a decade). Kicked that habit but have put on 18lbs since September! I'm 31, 5 foot 2 and my starting weight is 142lbs, aim to get back to a more comfortable weight of 126lbs.

Good luck everyone.
  • freeofweight
    Options
    I am 22 and currently weigh 247. My starting weight was 260. I am hoping to lose 2-3 pounds a week. If I could get to 235 by Valentine's Day that would be great.
  • henkemonica
    henkemonica Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Monica. Last weigh in a couple days ago was 245. I decided to weigh only once a week so will make it a Sunday. Thx for the invite to the group. This is just what kind of challenge I needed. Now I have to remember to log..drink water..exercise..make healthy food choices...sounds do able. We can do this!!!
  • curse10jade
    Options
    Hello to all! My name is Jade, I weigh currently 176 lbs and am 5'8. I think this is a great idea. My ideal goal is to weigh 150 and this is a great kick start! Feel free to add me. I am a Georgian and am about to start the 30 day shred by JM. :)
  • Katherinesfitness
    Options
    Nice to meet you everyone :) Yay! This is looking so good!! I can't wait to start it!! Come on Sunday :))
  • emilylnorris21
    emilylnorris21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is great! I'm 22, 5'7 and weigh 156lb... My goal weight by val day is 145lb.
    What's everyone doing?

Doing Josies go sons 30 second slim 3x a week plus badminton today and body pump tomorrow.

Lets get fit!
  • hsoulia
    Options
    Hello! I just started MFP today. I joined because I could really use encouragement. I'm not exactly sure how this works.:tongue:
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    omyfamily: I just started doing Insanity a couple days ago but taking it semi-easy the first week so I don't hurt myself again since I haven't been able to be physically active much the past couple years. I'm keeping a pretty thorough food diary on MFP which includes a calorie limit, but I think of it more as a guideline & watch more of *what* I'm eating (vitamins & other nutrients, etc.) to be sure I'm getting enough of what I need & not going over on things like sodium or bad fats.

I've heard of Medifast but haven't looked into it. How is that working for you?

sarahcrush: congrats on quitting smoking! :0
  • Katherinesfitness
    Options
    I've started the first weigh in thread! Pop your current weight in there and we'll see how much we've all lost on Sunday :Dhttp://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/849018-week-0-starting-weights