Let me introduce myself...

Options
Hi Ladies,

My name is Leah, I'm 24 and from the UK.
I have struggled with my weight ever since I can remember and have always been a big girl, but it spiralled out of control about 4 years ago. I broke up with my first ever boyfriend and needless to say it wasn't pleasent and neither was he, but instead of loosing weight like most people do I piled on the pounds!!!! I have never been happy with myself, always hiding away and putting myself down before others could.

I turn 25 next month and something inside of me has switched and decided this can't go on any longer. I don't want to spend the rest of my adult life feeling as negative about myself as I have throughout my adolescence. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be a skinny girl, I just want to be healthy and happy!! Over the last year my 2 best friends have lost almost 10 stone between them, and this has really inspired me to start my journey. My dear boyfriend has also been through the weight loss journey which has inspired me, as he deserves to have a happy girlfriend.

-My weaknesses: I have a major sweet tooth, I cannot eat just a few pieces of chocolate I have to have the whole bar! I do not feel satisfied until I have had something sweet!! I also struggle with my eating patterns, I used to work as a carer doing split shifts, I now have a different job but my eating patterns are still messed up. My darling boyfriend is also a problem to my diet, he doesn't try to lead me astray but he likes to eat at different times to me, he is quite happy to eat dinner at 9/10pm whereas I don't like eating later then 6-6.30pm. Also since he's lost all his weight he has turned into one of those people that can eat pretty much whatever he wants and not put on weight, which of course makes me sick to death!!

I have been on diets before, and the most I have lost is 1 and a half stone. But I have always ended up giving up and putting the weight back on, as the 1-1 1/2 stone point is where it starts to slow down and I get put off. This time though I want to make a permanent change to my lifestyle and become healthier.

-Goals:
Starting weight: 243
Current weight: 239
Goal weight: 175

I am going on holiday in may, although I do not expect to be down to 175 by then, I would like to have lost at least 34lbs by then and be able to feel comfortable in swimwear (as I am going with my family and my cousins are all slim and beautiful)

-My secrets: My job does help to keep me active, although I do spend time sitting infront of a computer when I am going around the building I am constantly walking up and down stairs. I have learned to subsitute a lot of the foods I eat for healthier versions (however I am struggling to find a substitute for chocolate!) and am constantly experimenting with healthier ways of cooking things

I would appreciate any tips and support that can be offered, and I am here to offer any help and advice that I can.

Replies

• SJKirk51912
    SJKirk51912 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi Leah, welcome to the group. I'm sure if you stick with it you can hit that mini-goal weight for May! I have a similar goal for June. I want to lost 40-50 by then.

As for the chocolate thing...do you like anything chocolate or mostly chocolate bars? If it's anything chocolate I would suggest Jelly pudding (not the indulgence crap, it tastes like air!) with a little whipped cream on top, Skinny Cow chocolate bars or ice cream bars, or chocolate frozen yogurt. We just bought TCBY strawberry frozen yogurt and the husband and kids says it tastes better than ice cream. Also, I found a recipe yesterday for chocolate bread that uses greek yogurt. If it's something you would be interested in just let me know and I can give it to you.

Hang in there! You can do it!
  • LCoopes
    Options
    I love anything chocolate, that is my biggest weakness! I have had skinny cow before but have never been able to find that many flavours so I will have to look again! That chocolate bread recipe sounds good, thank you :)

I am trying to find healthier options that I can have to satisfy my sweet tooth without destroying my diet so any suggestions would be great!
  • Acp1010
    Acp1010 Posts: 62
    Options
    THANKS FOR JOINING US, LEAH!!

We understand the struggle and are here to help and motivate you!

I'm sure you could be under 200 at the least by May if you really set your mind to do so.

As for the sweet tooth thing, I am the same exact way. What I've learned to do is to have yogurt or jello for dessert during the week, and then I can have something really decadent on the weekend. Its a reward for being so good Another one of my favorites is apples and caramel. i've heard there is a low fat caramel dipping sauce you can get at the grocery store, maybe you can try that!

KEEP GOING GIRLFRIEND.
    YOU CAN DO THIS!

:)
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I also have a sweet tooth, and I know what is like to be unable to eat pieces of chocolate and not the whole thing. What I'm doing now is not buying them, because I know I'll eat the whole thing. Once I gain more control over that "problem" I'll start trying to buy them again..

I know you'll reach your goals, so welcome and keep going!=)