Now Who loves Road Runner! Meep! 1/10/2013

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2qocvfCzE

I thought since so many folks talked about running let's get some education on running up and down hills! Yes, there is proper form! We can even incorporate with walking.
Hey guys we want to keep our bodies in shape and healthy and prevent injuries!

Meep Meep.....ZOOOOOM!!!!!!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    It is a good thing I viewed the demonstration video. I usually pull back when running down hill. Not that I run often. I think the last time I ran I was in 10 grade. LOL Thank you.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    We have no hills within 100 miles. :laugh:

But it is going to be in the 60's today. Maybe I'll see how my running legs are.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Will have to watch when I get home, but when I decided (what WAS I thinking???) that I wanted to start, it just so happened that there was a running group (all levels) at the gym I was using at the time, so I went and asked the instructor how to start, form, ect she had me go out with the group and stayed with me to show me how to do it correctly.
    So, now when I need to start over (like when I stopped exercising because I was bored a few years ago, like when I was going to the gym and stopped running, like when I broke my toe in two places and sprained the tendon in said toe) I know what to do to start over. I don't know that I'll ever be a "runner" because I haven't been able to ever do more than 1/2 mile at a jog straight (between my weight and my asthma that's been my best, so far) but I do know that I will keep trying and maybe as I get over some of my hurdles (sorry, had to throw in one running pun) I will be able to go farther faster.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Thank's for the link! I struggle with the hills in my neighborhood. This should help. Though I'm not running outside at the moment as I hate cold weather. Flat tracks and treadmills is the winter running routine. :happy:
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Everybody has cracked me up today! Ya'll are funny! LOL!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Oh by the way, even if you don't run outside you can do with incline on treadmill...well the up hill part.