Prenatal DVD's

Options
Hey everyone,

So being new to pregnancy (1st time...14 wks along) I an trying to look for some work out DVD's that are okay to do while pregnant. I travel alot for work so getting to my gym is not alway an option but I want to make sure that I have good DVD's with me so that i am staying active. Any suggestions would be really great!

Replies

• freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just did 10 minute solutions-prenatal pilates yesterday and I am feeling it today! I love pilates, so it was nice to have a pilates workout that is safe while pregnant.
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I ordered the Sara Hayley's Daily Sweat Pregnancy Program on amazon. There are 6 different workouts. So far I have done 3 and I think they're pretty good. I was super sore from the first one I did. That's my favorite so far. I also got the Yoga Booty Ballet, Baby on the Way dvd from beachbody.com. This one is good for stretching and has some light cardio and weights.
  • meoneto
    meoneto Posts: 16
    Options
    I saw the Daily Sweat Pregnancy Program on Amazon but wasn't sure, great to have some actual feedback on that one. The 10 minute solutions-prenatal pilates sounds awesome and something that I will definitly look into. I purchased Leisa Hart: Fitmama - Prenatal and Postnatal Pregnancy Workout & Buns of Steel: Pregnancy & Post-Pregnancy Workouts but I know that I am going to want to definitly change up my work out.

Thanks for the suggestions!!!!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I bought the Summer Sanders one (~$11 on Amazon and highly rated) but have yet to try it (I just got it last night). I will try to remember to check back in once I've done a workout!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I just ordered Fit Mama from amazon. The reviews were good and most reviews from other prenatal yoga DVD's recommeded this one instead as it's a little more upbeat.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba or other regular ones I already have, but just modify for less jumping, etc. I did buy a prenatal yoga one, which was good since I'm not very flexible anyway. Some of the pregnancy ones aren't intense enough if you're a regular exerciser though!
  • acelynp2
    acelynp2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have the Perfect Pregnancy Workout V1 but haven't used it yet. It has workouts for each trimester and seemed to be a favorite on amazon. I didn't see all of the other ones listed on this thread so I will check some of them out too. Thanks!
  • SpunkBean
    SpunkBean Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I really like the Summer Sanders Prenatal Workout-- it has 3 workouts, one for each trimester. The only cardio in it is really just the warmup, the rest is all strength training. I'd reccomend additionally getting a cardio dvd to go with this to keep things rounded out!