Anyone see the winter tour at all this past year?

Options
I saw them in Toronto, I was sad because finacial reasons kept me from getting tickets, I was finally over the fact that they were gonna be in town and I would miss out when a pair of tickets fell in my lap for pennies and I was able to go last minute. Boy was I glad I did. one of the best shows I have seen. great mix of the new album and old stuff, had my watchtower cherry popped, played a wicked jimi thing that went on forever, got me some dreaming tree,

looking at the other set lists I saw most shows looked really good just wondering if any of you got to see one of the shows.

Replies

• magerz18
    magerz18 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey Megamus! I actually went to 5 of the winter tour shows... saw 2 nights at izod, barclays, mohegan & philly (the last stop)!! All the shows were great, very heavy of AFTW but thats to be expected at any DMB show right after an album is released. Izod night 1 was amazing because they played the whole AFTW album... something they have never done.

Loved hearing Pig in Philly. Didnt get the stone at all, which was sad for me. I was sooo happy to hear drunken soldier, def my fav song from the new album!! Glad you got to make a show! Looking forward to the summer tour!!
  • Megamus55
    Options
    Frig you American are lucky with your double headders and tripple headder weekend DMB shows and tour cities fairly close together. Dave only ever plays one show up here. It is a "if I win the lottery" dream of mine to follow them on a summer tour, see a full weekend set at the gorge or red rocks, see 7 or 8 shows in a row. I have seen him 6 times now up here in Toronto, and while they are always awesome, the shows up here always seem like a 70% performance compared to the other ones he plays on the tour, probably just them being tired. Solos never last as long, they just seem like they are there to play and not having as much fun as they do elsewhere. BUT This last show he had a few days off, spent the day before just relaxing up here in Canada and when it was show time they came to play! I was blown away, they had so much fun on stage and gave me that 100% performance I wanted to see. Carter had a drum solo near the end of the show that was off the charts and went on forever, Boyd did his thing and Stephan did his national anthem intor to Watchtower, except he played our national anthem that got the crowd pumped. Great show.

Drunken soldier is def the best song on the new album, I've only seen The Stone once live and it is awesome, one that I wish was a little more regular. For the summer I am going to try and convince my wife to make a road trip out of a US tour date......we will see how that goes, she is not a fan like me.
  • magerz18
    magerz18 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good luck with getting your wife to go on a roadtrip!! I hope she makes the sacrifice for you :)
  • jrow0524
    Options
    I GOT TO SEE THEM IN C'VILLE N2 AND ALSO IN PHILLY - LAST STOP. BOTH INCREDIBLE NIGHTS.
  • Steph_Mayberry
    Steph_Mayberry Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I made it to both of the C'Ville shows!!!! I live in Richmond though so it was easy!!!! As always it was an amazing weekend!!