Keep it Up!

Options
karireyn
karireyn Posts: 8 Member
I just want to say, where ever you are in your running experience, keep it up! 6 months ago I was training for a half when I was struck by a drunk driver, I won't be able to run again for another year or so and I miss it like crazy. I know getting up at the butt crack of dawn or pushing yourself that one extra mile doesn't always seem worth it. But trust me, it's so worth it! Think of those of us who would give ANYTHING to be out on the road again but our legs won't let us. I'm doing everything I can to get back out there, so do everything you can to stay with it. I promise, you won't regret it!

Replies

• PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your loss. Running is a passion and to have some idiot take it from you is so wrong. Do what you can to heal. Not just your legs and body but your spirit. Help out here on the boards. Volunteer at your local road races if you can. Stay involved. See if you can get any certifications at home from your local YMCA or RRAC. God Bless you. I hope the person who did this goes to jail.

Patsy
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have no words other than empathy for what you are going through. I hope you make a complete recovery and are back on the road soon.
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Crikey, that's terrible. Sorry you went through that but sounds like your spirit is undented!
  • sahm23ladies
    sahm23ladies Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I hope your recovery is quick and complete as soon as humanly possible. Keep up the good thoughts and we'll keep up our miles for you!
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Having lost my mobility for most of 2011 I truely feel for you and wish you a full and speedy recovery!
  • Lucy177
    Lucy177 Posts: 35
    Options
    Bless you! I can' t imagine how you feel! I know though that NOTHING will stop you getting better and running again. You are going to be a really good runner ! Rest while you are recovering and get better soon! Hugs x
  • miche_smash
    miche_smash Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Oh wow I am sorry to hear what you are going through. I hope all turns out well and good luck!! I hope you will be able to run again soon. What an inspiration to not take anything for granted!
  • trail_rnr
    trail_rnr Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Not being able to run sucks. I've been there a few times, with my longest off time being after major back surgery. I think the positive that comes out of trauma like you have experienced is that it makes you really, really motivated to "come back". You had the taste before the accident, you love running and want to do it again. You'll KILL it when you are back! Give your body time; it takes longer to heal from trauma then you realize, and the shoes and open road (or trail if that is what you prefer) will be there waiting for you.

:flowerforyou: