Do you have a type?

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
I realize most people have a type they are attracted to, but my "type" is nothing like what I think I like. I prefer tall men,and always used to go for dark hair/light eyes type, but now I tend to go for the shaved head, goatee look. The last 3 guys I have dated have had the shaved head, and the goatee, but been on the shorter side (5'9 ish- I am 5'7"). Then last week I showed a friend a pic of a guy that I wrote to on POF....and her eyes almost bugged out of her head....she said "he looks exactly like mix of T and J together" (last 2 I dated) I am noticing I tend to write/be attraced to the shaved head/goatee look, and height doesn't matter as much.

Has your type changed over the years?

Replies

• cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Yep, my "type" has definitely changed and for me the walls broke down completely in terms of physical things. I'm attracted to all kinds of men. I like taller men, but I'm about 5'9" anyway. I'm fine with shorter men too. Other than that, I don't think I have much of a type anymore.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Well my type is typically taller then me (I have dated 1 guy shorter), I like them to have either long hair or a buzz cut/bald. I really have a thing for nice arms.Hispanic or white guys. Also personality wise I like them sarcastic, ballsy, with the ability to hold a conversation. Also if they play an instrument , vidoe games and can dance they are 90 % there. Add in a little nerdiness and bingo
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I don't have a type anymore... If I see someone I like, then that's that. My type used to be: "tall, dark and handsome, defined cheek bones, muscular... just perfect!" lol
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I found that as I got further and further away from being a 14-year-old it became less "he has to have xyz" and more "I can appreciate x even without y". I like tall dudes, but if there's a short dude who is smokin' hot and smart to boot I'm interested. If the guy isn't as pretty but is really tall, I'm okay with that too. I find that amongst my friends I have the most "forgiving" taste. The only for sure deal breakers lie in their personality.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    lately - breathing and a pulse??? Heck if I know anymore because my "type" has always been bad for me
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My type has always been clean cut white boys. I've become more flexible on things like height, hair/eye color, etc but Intelligence and a sarcastic sense of humor are not negotiable.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Physical type... not really.

Sadly, the only consistent thing about the men in my past is that they all needed a psychologist more than they needed a girlfriend. (Aspergers and Mulitple Personality Disorder, for two examples).
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Right now as long as they don't whine..... Im game.

(Sorry -rant I have a whiner on the line right now)
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a type, I will give just about any woman at least a chance. Though 95% of them are brunette. Most have at least shoulder length hair, as I like to play with it. Height doesn't matter too much as long as they are a less than a foot shorter than me, though even this is becoming less of a deal breaker it seems.

And honestly now that I am at a more stable point in my life, I especially keep an eye out for single mothers. I don't want kids of my own genes (lots of genetic issues there, wouldn't dream of passing them on), but I love kids overall (which is why I coach youth sports in my spare time). So that is quickly becoming a type that I seem to keep an eye out for.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    The older I get, the less of a 'type" I have.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, I've found myself attracted to taller, slightly bigger (thicker all over, like a little stomach, thick thighs), dark-haired men. Very Ben Affleck-type men but with a bigger body.

I did deviate one time and crushed hard on a boy shorter than me with blonde hair. I see him around every once in a while and he is still so cute!
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Well my type is typically taller then me (I have dated 1 guy shorter), I like them to have either long hair or a buzz cut/bald. I really have a thing for nice arms.Hispanic or white guys. Also personality wise I like them sarcastic, ballsy, with the ability to hold a conversation. Also if they play an instrument , vidoe games and can dance they are 90 % there. Add in a little nerdiness and bingo

I'm your man Jenbit.

I'm in the bingo hall every Wednesday and Saturday night. I can barely make out the numbers through my thick nerdy glasses but we have a good caller.

"88 - two fat ladies".

LOL... It NEVER gets old. Good times. Good times.
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Physical type... not really.

Sadly, the only consistent thing about the men in my past is that they all needed a psychologist more than they needed a girlfriend. (Aspergers and Mulitple Personality Disorder, for two examples).

Oh Jeez.. can I relate!!!
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I don't have a type, don't really believe in types. I will say, however, that I do find curvy women more and more attractive, now that I'm older. I like thin women, too, however. :-)

I'll also say that personality is number one for me, something that perhaps wasn't the case 20 years ago. I'd prefer to date a happy, funny, interesting woman over a strikingly beautiful, but boring, or unhappy, or morose woman any day. I'm not going to make that mistake again.

Live and learn, I suppose. Live and learn...

--P
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Not really, the people I have liked in the past have been quite different.

Having said that I do like women to be shorter than me. Like to be able to wrap my arms around them with their head against my chest/shoulder when I hug them and rest my head on top of theirs if long hug.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Physically, no! (I've dated 5'2" to 6'3" dark, blonde, ginger!! Overweight, underweight!! Handsome, ugly!!)

Personality - chatty, twinkle in his eye type wit, happy go lucky and get up and go type! :bigsmile:

ETA: As I've got older I've got more specific about the type of guy I want to spend my time with - perhaps I'm odd, I dunno! But if the chemistry isn't there, where his personality type doesnt gel with mine, then I think it's pretty pointless.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Girl next door type. Humble, simple life. Has to be smart and driven, I need to respect her and that's what I respect in a lady. Physically, I've dated all races and body types, but yes...sexual attraction is important.
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I typically am attracted to 6 foot or taller....broad, big men. However, I don't really care about type anymore and if there is a little inkling of attraction there I'll give it a chance. So, for the most part, my type is MALE.

Personality is huge for me so that's what keeps them around...
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Actually in some ways I do have a type i guess.

Without being arrogant she has to be intelligent above all, beyond that and its difficult to define, just different. Not desperate to fit in, a bit of a free spirit, Looks aren't specific beyond height as mentioned above but i guess i prefer curvier girls. Oh and she will happily drink pints without if thats what she wants without feeling self conscious.

And I better stop there cos I find myself in danger of describing a certain person and its best not to go there!!!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    yes and no.
    definitely certain things i'm attracted to but at the same time i'm open to dating different guys, regardless of what they look like.

looks: like them to be tall, weight isnt a big deal but I would rather them be average (not over weight or underweight), dress nice and carry themselves well.

personality: has to be smart and confident and a complete gentleman not just to me but to those around him. :love: