Manscaping - yea or nay?

Options
CassiusKnox
CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
Ok... After the last 24 hours I've decided I'm desperate to get out of this Single Peeps group and the only way to do that is to hook up however meaningless the relationship might be.

It's been 8 years since I've dated so I need to know where we are at with this 'manscaping' business.

Ladies - What are your expectations of men in 2013? Are we trimming are we shaving or are we going 'au naturale'? :drinker:

I don't wanna hit the town with the wrong 'hairstyle'.

Replies

• Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Don't know how things are "Down Under"...tee hee..but I suspect it may differ with your target age group.
    Personally I like trimmed...but do not require shaving or waxing of any areas for men. Well unless you have a sasquatch back or something.
    Wait..do you know what sasquatches are in Australia?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I have no expertise in this, but I'd imagine some trimming would be nice, but I don't think that anyone would want a man bare down there. I think trimming is the way to go.

ETA - I usually don't mind body hair, but I saw this man at the gym with thick thick back and arm hair wearing a tanktop. It looked like a gorilla wearing a tanktop. Then shave that *kitten*!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Trim at least. Shaving would be nice. I try not to expect anyone to do something that I wouldn't do so waxing would be extra (did it once and it hurt like hell).
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    SLIGHT manscaping. Either natural or just a little trimming. Like Christine said... Unless you're CRAZY hairy, then trimming is fine.

Bare= NO. Absolutely NOT.
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    please don't shave it all off!
    but, yes, trim it up. short is good :-)
  • CassiusKnox
    Options
    Don't know how things are "Down Under"...tee hee..but I suspect it may differ with your target age group.
    Personally I like trimmed...but do not require shaving or waxing of any areas for men. Well unless you have a sasquatch back or something.
    Wait..do you know what sasquatches are in Australia?

Thank you Danielle.

I am simultainiously offended and flattered by your post.

Offended by the suggestion that I have a 'target age group' as though I could not 'pull' from any demographic. Because I love you so hardcore however I'm gonna let that slide.

Flattered at your geographical sensitivities about 'Sasquatches'. We don't have Sasquatches here in Australia we have 'Yeti's' seen only by the same people who see UFO's and have a penchant for breeding with close relatives. :drinker:
  • Danielle_2013
    Options
    Thank you Danielle.

I am simultainiously offended and flattered by your post.

Offended by the suggestion that I have a 'target age group' as though I could not 'pull' from any demographic. Because I love you so hardcore however I'm gonna let that slide.

Flattered at your geographical sensitivities about 'Sasquatches'. We don't have Sasquatches here in Australia we have 'Yeti's' seen only by the same people who see UFO's and have a penchant for breeding with close relatives. :drinker:

Darling...in no way do I mean to suggest that you couldn't pull from the early 20's group...but why would you want to? My thought was that us older women are slightly more comfortable with men looking like men..and not demanding waxing and the like.

Actually curious too though..being a hot climate for much of the year, fit and healthy population for the most part..I wonder if the body hair demands differ.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I prefer trimmed, but not waxed or anything crazy. I just don't want to get lost in there. :smile:
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Nope. I don't like it when it is all off. I don't know why men would want to do that. They aren't 12.
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one wondering what happened in the last 24 hours that made you "desperate to get out of the single peeps group"?
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one wondering what happened in the last 24 hours that made you "desperate to get out of the single peeps group"?

Yes.

We've talked boobie Friday, kinky women, elevator loving, *kitten*, etc. Why wouldn't he want to find a woman? :drinker:
  • CassiusKnox
    Options
    Darling...in no way do I mean to suggest that you couldn't pull from the early 20's group...but why would you want to? My thought was that us older women are slightly more comfortable with men looking like men..and not demanding waxing and the like.

Actually curious too though..being a hot climate for much of the year, fit and healthy population for the most part..I wonder if the body hair demands differ.

I wish it were true that Australia has a 'fit and healthy' population. We are second only to the USA for obesity.

I think it's fair to say that the guys who are fit are mostly hairless body wise... seems to be a very popular trend here because of the beach culture. I'm not sure that the hairless trend entends to pubic hair though... my guess is that 'trimmed' is the go :)

Edit: Actually I think trimmed pubes and shaved *kitten* is what guys are into. Sorry if that's TMI and don't ask me how I know because I actually have no idea and might have made it up.
  • CassiusKnox
    Options

I'm just joshin' Will :bigsmile:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Either trimmed or bare. I don't like to floss when I'm visiting southland :devil: :smokin:
  • OutOfBreath
    OutOfBreath Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Another vote for trimmed, here.
  • CassiusKnox
    Options

Just a light trim like this guy?

EZBcM.jpg
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    EEEK!

Just a light trim like this guy?

EZBcM.jpg
  • Danielle_2013
    Options
    Ah...so you DO know what a sasquatch is! Well done!
  • OutOfBreath
    OutOfBreath Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Okay. Off to try to unsee that. Thanks, Cassius. :tongue:
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Please at least trim it up!! PSA over, you may now return to your regularly scheduled programming :-)