Japan :D

Options
ashlinmarie
ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
Hi! This seems like an interesting idea and I'd have something to contribute now that I'm living in Japan :D Definitely some interesting new foods here.

Replies

• kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    this is awesome. I know japan is the purveyor of pocky ( which is available here) what other kind of cooll things have you encountered? anything you miss from home?
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I live on a military base so I get most of what I can get at home. Two things I can't find though are zucchini and Malt o Meal brand of frosted shredded wheat (I like it better than the normal stuff).

Interesting foods are these things called Pretzls...which are almost like normal pretzels except thin long sticks, and very airy.I like them much more than normal ones and they go great with Nutella. They also have ramen in a cup which is much better than the packaged ramen from the US. I know they have a lot of other things too, but I can't read most of the labels yet (I just know how to find the calories). I know once I'm comfortable shopping off base I'll find a whole mess of delicious goodies. :D