Choose to Lose or Vemma Bod-e?

Options
Which is better - alternating low and high carb days (Choose to Lose) or doing 2 low carb and 1 high carb day (Vemma Bod-e)?

Which one are you doing?

I have been following the Choose to Lose program: Sunday - High, Monday - Low, Tuesday - High, Wednesday - Low, Thursday - High, Friday - Low and Saturday - Cheat Day!
I have lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks. I feel great and I like the program so far.

Is it better to do 2 low carb, 1 high carb, 2 low carb, 1 high carb then cheat day?

(http://vemmabode.com)

Replies

• babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I've had excellent success with the 1:1 ratio. All my weight loss on my tracker is since June (47 lbs), and is with the CTL program. I have not tried the other, but I don't see the harm in doing it every once in a while, or all the time if you want.

In fact, my plan was to shake things up a bit every once in a while by doing 2 LC days in a row... I did it this week (with a couple slips) and it was fine. My reasoning was that I wanted to weigh on Friday instead of Saturday.. but I also knew that water retention can do me in sometimes. So, I did the LC day on Thursday, and a HC yesterday. Today I'm doing "fun day", and tomorrow will be a HC day, but I'll let myself have a few extra calories if I wish. Then Monday I'll be back on schedule.

It is good for the brain to get into a routine, because it is easier for me to remember what "day" it is. If I shake it up too much I can make myself confused, and the last thing I need right now is to have to think to hard about what I can or can not eat on a particular day. :smile:
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    My question is this... On the Bod-e plan, do they still recommend a High Carb breakfast, or is a LC day, all LC?
  • bvw116
    bvw116 Posts: 5
    Options
    I lost 19 lbs following the Bod-e program. I did notice I have a hard time with two low carb days in a row. I do find my energy really lacks on the second low carb day. I love fruit and have a really hard time only eating it at breakfast! For me, every other day works better.
    good luck!
  • munecagirl22
    munecagirl22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i wanted to buy and try these?? do they reallllly work for everyone ? does it speed ur loss up???