SOS: Shout out Sundays 1/13/13

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey my friends! Well, this week we discussed many things. I try to mix it up with all the issues that trip us up...mental thoughts, fitness and food of course. This week we discussed: fast food and how to make your own when you have opportunity, proper running technique up hills, how to inspire self thru other folks success stories, and eating SLOWLY (a lot of us struggle with this one) and being mindful of what you are eating and enjoy it.

How did this go? What other issues came up? Good bad ugly let us share so we can encourage each other and learn from our mistakes.
Love and Peace,
WW

Replies

• cmaddox23
    cmaddox23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just joined this group and I look forward to working on these things as well... I have lost 6 pounds so far this year and am hoping to be in much better shape by the end of 2013! Thanks for having this group!
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    What was obvious to me last week:

I was feeling either down or under the weather or both several days last week, so I didn't really push myself to exercise. But, having MFP friends who are staying active and posting about it, or who check in with me, or who ask me simple questions like, "How is your _____ routine going?" was enough of a push to get me moving when I otherwise would not have.

So, staying in contact with active & positive people helps me be active & positive, too. :heart:

(I think I read a study once about how one is more likely to reach one's goals if one has a social support group of others who are actually meeting similar goals, too...something like that. It must be true. :smile: )
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Just joined this group and I look forward to working on these things as well... I have lost 6 pounds so far this year and am hoping to be in much better shape by the end of 2013! Thanks for having this group!

Congrats! You are starting off strong. :)
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Well, this week my emotional state has been on high, and I don't think it's going to get better anytime soon, but I have not given in to my emotional eating mode, I've stuck to my meal plan (mostly, had a few bumps but that's all part of the learning process.)

Was disappointed to discover today that some challenges are not as forgiving as this one, I got kicked out of a challenge this week, the reason: I gained a pound, my teammates apparently are more forgiving than the moderator of the challenge (which by the way the rules do not say that you have to lose, just that you have to check in once a week to put in your weight between Friday and Monday, I have been on Sundays)

Weight stayed the same this week, I was a little disappointed at first, but then thought about it: I didn't gain and it could mean that I'm stabilizing on this new food plan and I will start losing soon, so this could be a good sign.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Miss Rach! OMG! I cannot believe that they kicked you out! Whooooa! Oh well their loss! Ha! YOU stick with us bc we challenge each other daily because this is a lifestyle change not just for a month or so!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Well, let me tell ya'll I learned that even though I may not have a major BURN like 900 a day but I made mini burns and still lost some this week! That was major for me because I felt such guilt for missing 2 classes and not having a major burn this week. Sometimes after work and commuting I just don't have the energy for a 'kill myself working out' session.

I still struggle with it but portion control WORKS!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Miss Rach! OMG! I cannot believe that they kicked you out! Whooooa! Oh well their loss! Ha! YOU stick with us bc we challenge each other daily because this is a lifestyle change not just for a month or so!
    I know, I asked what was going on and I was told it was a "glitch" in the system and I could rejoin my team or another team that was open, I tried to join a team, and it's not recognizing that I joined.
    Glad I'm in this challenge (and it's not about lose or don't lose, it's about challenging your perspective to find a better way to reach goals), we totally rock in this group!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    For me, there has been a variety of things. First, I discovered I'm a habit-eater, not due to hunger, but just to have something to chew on. I am now chewing tons of gum. Water water water...I've been drinking tons of it when I get the urge to graze. Not every day is going to be pristine. I'm going to fall from grace. I have TONS of bad habits...good heavens. I just have to fight this battle one day at a time.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Amen Ms Tiz amen and you are not the only one!